• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  My eyes can't believe what they have seen; Any

all of time and space, everywhere and anywhere, every star that ever was

Caught off guard, she doesn’t notice the sparkle of frost on him. Not at first. Tucked beneath her wing, hidden under feathers. Yet she now sees the glisten on his baby mane and she sucks in a breath, wary despite this warmth cradling her heart. The stars around her flicker uncertainly, red to yellow, unable to decide exactly what she is feeling. She’s not sure she knows herself.

Still… Whatever it is, it’s a welcome reprieve to what she had been processing before he had showed up. He nods towards a stream and she can’t help the corner of her mouth twitching slightly upward. Of course that wasn’t what she had meant but she doesn’t ask again, instead looking down at him still curled beneath her wing beside her. The glint of ice off him makes her wince but she suddenly catches the scales. Ice scales, she’s seen those before. She remembers who they belonged to. In fact, the more she looks at him… The more of Leilan she sees in him.

The colt asks her where she comes from and her attempt at a smile falters slightly. “A glacier.” She says quietly, her ire trying to crawl back into her chest but finding there is no room there. Not while this happiness cocoons around her fragile heart, a protective barrier that the chaotic anger can’t seem to fully break through. “But I live on the Isle. You live there too, don’t you?”

-- Ciri

Image by Phil Botha

@Jokull

Messages In This Thread
    RE: My eyes can't believe what they have seen; Any - by Ciri - 02-10-2022, 11:18 AM