• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  The Kill List | Obscene

I see us written in the Stars

He would love to hear me admit envy, Cheri thought as the Fae Prince let his mouth brush gently over her cheeks. It would tickle him pink to know that up until their most recent encounter with Aela, his little green flame had been very jealous of the mare Obscene once showered his affections on. How could she not have been?

Aela was near perfection herself. Her golden markings and the power she wielded were only a few of her outstanding strengths, and whenever Cheri had seen the two of them together their energies almost synched. It was like watching a pair of horses mind-linked to one another, always knowing what the other was thinking in private while the rest of the world sat out on their innermost feelings.

Annoying.

She would never admit it aloud to him, but Cheri was more than happy to see those days long gone. Besides, she couldn’t possibly doubt his devotions now; not even when he teased her. All his Champion could do was growl lamely through her teeth and brush his silly fantasies away with a well-practiced eye roll.

“The tree version of you is sounding very appealing to me right now.” Her ears tipped back.

She would’ve kept hounding after him too, if her curiosity hadn’t won out. The Lord of Taiga didn’t necessarily bite back like she was used to, falling quiet instead of reacting the way Cheri expected, and so naturally her interest piqued at his (once again) sudden mood change. The coastline roared quietly, dark and out of sight whereas Obscene’s gleaming, handsome form could be seen clearly from the mixture of their magic glow, and in suspense his Lady walked quietly beside him until she could walk no further.

The Prince stepped out in front of her, blocking the way with one of his satin black legs. Cheri halted, confused but holding steady under the sudden weight of his intense glare. He had a good few inches on her, height-wise, and so those piercing crimson eyes of his became inescapable. She could only stop and stare up at him, unconscious of how tightly her wings were pressed together.

Alone, together, shielded by the dark of night but sharing the warmth of each other’s light, Obscene poured his heart out to Cheri and she listened. How could he possibly have known that in her heart, they shared the same vision? They’d never spoken of it, after all - what they would do after Taiga, what would become of them in the future - but all along the green-haired mage held that faint hope of restoring her beloved Loess.

She had his answer ready without hesitation.

“I would follow you to Carnage’s own Hell.” Cheri swore to him, fiercely loyal to the part of her heart she’d eagerly given Obscene. He could no more doubt the sincerity in her words than he could argue the sky was green, and that was evident in the tone of her voice as well as the way she leaned toward him, intently.

Her chin set stubbornly. “I dare you to try and stop me from coming along to Tephra, and you would have to find an entirely new set of Fairies to pray to if you ever crowned another in my place.” Cheri promised.

She didn’t make threats.

So for a second her wildfyre eyes glinted back at him, defiant, and then they smoldered into a passionate, heated stare.

“So my answer is yes,” Cheri lowered her voice and her eyes, failing to hide how excited she’d become during the tense exchange, “yes I would be your Queen. I would be anything you asked of me, Obscene.”

@Obscene

Messages In This Thread
    The Kill List | Obscene - by Cheri - 03-03-2022, 07:46 PM
    RE: The Kill List | Obscene - by Obscene - 03-03-2022, 09:59 PM
    RE: The Kill List | Obscene - by Cheri - 03-06-2022, 11:30 PM
    RE: The Kill List | Obscene - by Obscene - 03-07-2022, 06:39 PM
    RE: The Kill List | Obscene - by Cheri - 03-15-2022, 09:38 PM
    RE: The Kill List | Obscene - by Obscene - 03-15-2022, 10:52 PM
    RE: The Kill List | Obscene - by Cheri - 03-24-2022, 09:18 PM
    RE: The Kill List | Obscene - by Obscene - 03-27-2022, 03:02 PM
    RE: The Kill List | Obscene - by Cheri - 04-07-2022, 09:43 PM
    RE: The Kill List | Obscene - by Obscene - 04-10-2022, 01:22 PM