• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

To my dear Chambermaid, Astri
    What Is An Ocean But A Multitude Of Drops
    It seemed like it was too soon to be back on the battlefield. She’d given birth, for the first time, and suddenly she knew what that empty ‘ache’ was. The absence of Kraz pushing against her ribs causes her to feel something she’s never felt before - loss. She still doesn’t fully understand it, she can’t quite put her finger on it, but Kraz has become like a ghost at her side. Her firstborn, and a son at that. He was perfect in her eyes.

She tries to push these thoughts from her mind and instead focus on what was going on around her. Her opponent, Gallows, arrives in due time and Astri is a little taken aback. Her wingspan was impressive, and when she beat those dual appendages against the wind, the tough green mare could feel the breeze coming from the action. She’d never battled a gifted horse, and this was sure to be a fight she could remember, or even tell Kraz. “Focus, Astri.” She commands herself, and she watches as the other mare contemplates before bursting forward in surprising speed, one wing extended to create drag.

Gallows is heading towards her left side, so the mantis girl spreads her hind legs and digs in, knowing she cannot avoid the attack. The mare rams, her front legs sending a reverberating shock through Astri’s ribcage, but she clenches her jaw and absorbs the impact, letting her head snake to the left so she can lash out and hopefully grab on to the extended wing. It’s a wild thought, but Astri reasons that if she can injure the wing, it might deter Gallows from taking flight and landing an aerial attack. Her yellowed teeth snap shut but she hasn’t much time, as Gallows is quickly retreating.

The green mare cannot see where the other is heading, so she reacts naturally and backs away, turning as quickly as she can manage to face her opponent. It would be wise to keep Gallows in her line of sight, and Astri isn’t willing to risk anything in this skirmish.
    astri
    yule x astrah

Messages In This Thread
    To my dear Chambermaid, Astri - by Gallows - 09-15-2015, 10:23 PM
    RE: To my dear Chambermaid, Astri - by Astri - 09-21-2015, 08:20 PM
    To my dear Chambermaid, Astri - by Gallows - 09-22-2015, 10:54 AM
    RE: To my dear Chambermaid, Astri - by Astri - 09-24-2015, 06:51 PM
    RE: To my dear Chambermaid, Astri - by Kyra - 11-16-2015, 09:45 AM