• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

the less I give, the more I get back; ledger

He feeds off her joy as he can’t remember the last time he himself had felt anything so pure and light. The way she looks at the kingdom, he understands it. Understands that feeling of peace for that’s what he felt the first time he had came here, had seen what she had seen. It was always an awing experience and one he never got sick or tired of. It was even more lovely to see the way she takes in the tree. He can’t help the smile of delight that finds his lips as he basks in her wonder. So long since he had genuinely and openly smiled. So long since he hadn’t felt this heavy. If only he knew how quickly that would be taken from him. It was always ripped away. Silly boy, it would never changed.

She asks for a story and he obliges the best he can. ”Every tree has a story Adaline.” He responds quietly, his gold flecked eyes taking in the tree with renewed interest. ”But this one’s story is special. Granted I only know bits and pieces of it.” He pauses, thinking. Trying to recall what the mare had been telling her child when he had first returned home and stumbled upon them. ”Once a magician placed it here to protect the land. As long as the tree stood, the kingdom would remain unharmed by any. But then something changed. Beqanna changed. The magic left the tree and now resides here…” And he gestures with his muzzle to the garden at the foot of the trunk, littered with juicy fruits of various kinds. ”I’ve heard that eating the fruit makes the eater speak nothing but truths. They cannot tell a lie. Or sometimes grants the eater a gift of some sort. However I’ve never tried it or seen anyone eat it.”

He laughs gently, taking his eyes off the garden to look at her. ”So now the tree is just a symbol but a beautiful one. That's what I think anyways.” He is quiet for awhile, letting her absorb everything he had told her. ”You can always stay here you know…” He finally manages to say, through gritted teeth as his nerves get the best of him. ”Your story could always start over here in the Gates. With me.”

L E D G E R

Messages In This Thread
    RE: the less I give, the more I get back; ledger - by Ledger - 09-22-2015, 12:25 AM