• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I'm the one that drives away then follows you back home

The mythical mountain had not been far from where they had met.  No more than a hop and a skip away, as the Pegasus flies.

Even though my body weighs heavily from the metal it is partially cast, I move swiftly.  Wings beating across the skies until the large, jagged rocks are in view.  I climb the winds as high as they allow, twisting around the formation as I go.  It begins to narrow as I near the top, and I find a path carved into the surface.  The winds become turbulent, and the air thins.  With one last push of my wings, I prepare my landing upon the rocky plane.  Iron hooves make a less than graceful contact as my wings pull back for drag, then clench to my sides.  The lines of my face do not furrow but twist in amusement and determination.  My iron body collides with the side of the cliff with a large thud, as I slide sideways to hit with the full length of my barrel.  Coming to sudden stop along the carved, winding path, I yell out, "Whooo Yaaa.  Still alive!"  My neck curls proudly and I begin my mortal strut up the path.

The rocky terrain is unforgiving, as meant to be.  Each step placed is with purpose, so I do not fall to a certain death.  As I move along the path becomes narrower; in places even missing a chunk of earth.  I jump these spots and continue on; nothing would stop me now.  Destiny calls and I am to bid it hello.

They arrive soon enough.  I have found entertainment in checking out the magical plateau of the top of the Mountain while I wait.  In my loitering I decide to pull together some fashionable wears.  My powers reach deep into the earth's crust to pull from it the iron I need to manufacture such things.  Bit by bit they are molded into trinkets, delicately etched and linked together to form a fancy breast collar.  Within the center of my breast is my Familys crest.  A large K with intricate scrolling surrounding it.  I smile in satisfaction; we were going home.  

In my work I hardly hear the shoveling of hooves, many hooves.  It is the voice of familiarity that stirs my attention and has me crawling out of the shadow of the mythical place.  "Finally!," I exclaim, "took you long enough."  There is a muse in my voice as I come to stand beside the winged man proudly.  My eyes, both equine and iron, scan the crowd he has gathered, all sorts of creations that wish for the same as we.  "It is good to see so many others willing to do whatever is asked of the Mountain to raise our beloved Tephra to Her former glory," my voice carries to the crowd and any who wished to hear my words.

Kreation
    Say What You Wanna Say

This may be a more -end of the thread- post but I'll just put it up lol

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I'm the one that drives away then follows you back home - by Kreation - 02-15-2024, 10:23 AM