• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Rejoice! He Has Risen [Jack]
    The sense of trouble and peril haunts him, like a dark premonition. He is adamant about avoiding any conflicts between Zain, the babies, and Aurora. His ears twitch at the sound of snapping twigs, catching Aurora's call. Turning his head slightly towards her voice, he hears, "Jack, is everything alright?" Raising his head, his muzzle dampened with droplets, his expression gloomy and sunken. "Am I a burden to you? I feel like a parasite, bringing danger wherever I go. I don't want any harm to come to you or the babies because of me..." his voice trembles, fading off. His mind races through worst-case scenarios, instilling fear in him. Despite being sleep-deprived from the past few days, the dread still grips him. Standing up, head averted from her, body slouched lower than usual, tail hanging low, ears drooping in shame. "Are the babies safe and sound? I can't bear the thought of anything happening to them, I wouldn't be of any help. I'm sorry, I can't continue like this. I must be strong for you and the twins," he sniffles, voice cracking. Taking deep breaths, composing himself, he straightens up, putting on a facade of strength despite feeling otherwise.

@ AuroraElis

Messages In This Thread
    Rejoice! He Has Risen [Jack] - by AuroraElis - 03-22-2024, 12:28 PM
    RE: Rejoice! He Has Risen [Jack] - by Escence - 03-23-2024, 11:56 AM
    RE: Rejoice! He Has Risen [Jack] - by AuroraElis - 03-23-2024, 05:36 PM
    RE: Rejoice! He Has Risen [Jack] - by AuroraElis - 03-26-2024, 05:47 AM
    RE: Rejoice! He Has Risen [Jack] - by AuroraElis - 03-27-2024, 05:26 PM
    RE: Rejoice! He Has Risen [Jack] - by Jack in the Box - 03-27-2024, 05:57 PM
    RE: Rejoice! He Has Risen [Jack] - by AuroraElis - 03-27-2024, 09:56 PM
    RE: Rejoice! He Has Risen [Jack] - by AuroraElis - 03-28-2024, 07:35 PM