• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

There's a radiant Darkness upon us - Texas, Trua
    ((Sorry I didn't reply sooner. I had a lot of things going on in life :/ ))

Trua is almost immediately overwhelmed yet again as Shatter Me begins speaking about castes, ranks, warriors, diplomats... Then again, she has always been a worrier, unable to come to a decision. It is truly riveting, though, and she listens with rapt attention, her small dark ears pricked. She shifts her hooves, feeling pebbles rolling out from beneath her feet to go clattering off down the slope. A warrior...or a diplomat. She has always been a clever mare, able to outwit many, but her strength was just not as good as some of the war horses she's seen in her time. Perhaps a diplomat would be better, but then again, she wonders if she could really deal with talking to so many strangers.

Texas' voice cuts in, inviting her to take her time. She can't help but flash him a grateful smile, though she is thinking all the same. "I think..." she begins slowly. "I'd love to join, if you will have me," the black mare says in reply, her voice certain despite her indecision about which caste she would serve in. "As for my rank, I really do not know what I'd be best at," she admits. Though she is eager to join—after all, they've seemingly extended an invitation to her—she cannot decide which rank she would be best at, to better serve the kingdom. She fears that she doesn't know enough about these lands to be a diplomat—she'd just make a fool out of herself (not that she hasn't already)—but is she really a good enough fighter to defend the kingdom? She is agile, quick, and clever, that much is true, but she also is a very small horse, and brute physical strength has never been on her side. She fears that either way, she will fail, and then what will she do?

Messages In This Thread
    god knows i like archaic kinds of fun - by Texas - 04-03-2015, 08:02 AM
    RE: There's a radiant Darkness upon us - Texas, Trua - by Trua - 04-13-2015, 12:04 PM