• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

wear a necklace of rope, side by side with me; makai

TAKE ME UNDERGROUND, TAKE ME ALL THE WAY
    BRING ME TO THE FIRE, THROW ME IN THE FLAMES

Out of all of his children, Malis was the most of him—and it made his heart ache. The rest of them had inherited Oksana, either in their softness, their kindness, or even in their strength (except Pyxis who was an enigma to him with smiles that never reached her eyes), but Malis had inherited the darkness from him. There was the same haunted look in her eyes, the same stubbornness, the same penchant for the shadows. He looked at her and knew that she carried the same stones in her heart, the same weight on her shoulders.

He hated himself for passing along his family’s personal brand of poison.

So he can’t retreat when she collides with him, he can’t do anything but hold her closer, closing his eyes against the shattering in his chest at her pleas. His breathing is ragged, her presence both a balm and a burn. She should be with her mother, her siblings—anywhere but here. She should hate him, he thinks—although, at the same time, his soul cries out with joy that she, for reasons unknown, does not.

“Malis,” he murmurs, his voice jagged on the edges. “I won’t leave,” he promises, although he knows it is a foolish mistake—and one he would pay for later. “But you can’t tell Oksana. You can’t.” He pulls away and the secrets between father and daughter are open for the world to see. “She has to hate me.” He closes his eyes, grimacing, “She deserves that.” He leaves it at that, because he knows that she will understand. If anyone in this world was to understand the complexities and monstrosities of his heart, she would.

AM I STILL ALIVE OR HAS THE LIGHT GONE BLACK?

Messages In This Thread
    RE: wear a necklace of rope, side by side with me; makai - by Makai - 10-04-2015, 01:41 AM