• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

this is nothing like waking up in Vegas; any

some are lost in the fire

some are built from it

Oh if only Killdare knew just how many beans Erebor isn't spilling. There's so many of them, all swirling around in his head, little tiny secrets that he knows could be plucked out by any passing magician. He doesn't dwell on it, doesn't waste time hoping that the secrets will stay secret. Such is not his nature; he's got his own gambit here, but lying and worrying isn't part of it.

He nods slightly to the Amazon as she gives him her name. He isn't surprised that she plans to take him to the queen, but he is a little bit worried that they'll be leaving this area. He's still quite convinced that here, on this ground, is the proof of his innocence. His proof that he's here by accident, and has nothing to do with anything. But he's also not one to refuse a direct request, and so he follows her. Him and Killdare, who he is glad to have at his side again. The Chamber has missed the man, dammit. Killdare quips about the queen, and Erebor can't quite hide his chuckle. "I speak fluent hard-ass." he quips back dryly to the other man.

Lagertha is more or less exactly as he'd expected her to be. They should be kindred spirits really, both of them warriors and warlike in their disposition. But now they find themselves at odds – or perhaps not at odds, but at least, not exactly aligned. He offers her a respectful dip of his head, entirely sincere as he pays her the courtesy due any royal. He is diplomatic to his core, the perfect little Lordling on the battlefield and in foreign lands.

And then…well, and then he's silent. She had asked Joscelin to speak first, and he sees no reason not to allow the queen's woman to do just that. He would have a chance to speak later, he trusts – and if not, he'll make sure he gets a chance to speak later. For now, he turns his handsome face toward Joscelin, waiting to see what account she'll give.

erebor

heat manipulating lord of the chamber

warship x straia

I AM SORRY I MADE YOU WAIT. I caught the plague D:

Messages In This Thread
    RE: this is nothing like waking up in Vegas; any - by Erebor - 10-05-2015, 09:27 PM