• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'll hold with those who favor fire; Lokii

Flamevein had felt a change in the winds. It was a subtle thing, but it was there. It was like the changing of the seasons- you didn’t notice it until it had fully happened. It had started as just a murmur and still hadn’t risen much above a whisper, but it was there. It was in the hushed conversations in the forests. It was in the hot words spilled into twitching ears. It was everywhere across the lands, but no one had yet to shout it from the mountain tops. But the pyro knew something was fixing to happen. He could feel it in the very marrow of his bones. Even the gasoline in his veins seemed to be flowing faster in response, which in turn caused his fire to burn ever hotter. Demian had claimed the wall was simply a protective measure, but Flamevein hadn’t been raised a fool. He was very much able to see the forest through the trees. It was protection as much as it was a warning. Fuck with us, we’ll fuck you back.

The corner of his lips lifted in a wicked grin. The trickster had found him easily, as Flamevein knew he would. He still had that lilt to his voice that spoke of various misdeeds, as Flamevein had thought he would. While they weren’t exactly friends, Flamevein thought he knew the illusionist well enough to believe he’d never reform from his wicked ways. “I could say the same for you, Lokii.” he purred, his baritone voice like silk spilling over his teeth. He was handsome in the most devilish sense. All the better, really, for it made it easier for the wolf to walk amongst the sheep. “True, I don’t come here much. Idle conversations aren’t really my thing, unless there’s something to be gained from the conversation. Truthfully, I’ve been looking for you.” he said, rolling his shoulder in a semblance of a shrug. While he knew the trickster would never work for free, it certainly wouldn’t hurt to have him on their side should shit eventually hit the fan. “You missed the show in the Valley. She’s putting up arms. The Chamber chewed up the Gates. Seems like things are changing, like the shit pot has finally gotten a good stir. Now would be the time to pick up where we left off when Oxy flew the coop.” he finished, his blue eyes sparkling wickedly. The pyro had had enough of being stagnant- he was ready for some action. As if in response to his wishes, the flames licked quietly up his legs.

flamevein
    i set fire to the rain
    "Some say the world will end in fire, some say in ice. What I've tasted of desire I'll hold with those who favor fire." - R. Frost

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I'll hold with those who favor fire; Lokii - by Flamevein - 10-19-2015, 09:15 PM