• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

eloheinu melech ha'olam - etro
    What now?

Isn’t that always the question? How many times has she looked up to the night sky and asked Adonai those very same words? Yael could never say whether or not he answers - but life always continues. She’s even fallen for the Magician’s sleep and woke to find herself covered in sand and the kingdom eerily quiet.

So, to Etro’s question: what now?

Now they fight back. What use is magic if she can’t use it the way she wanted to? She didn’t know enough to save Aviva (would she be there, in the halls of the dead with Vanquish?), and she rarely uses the full extent of them. Perhaps it is time to change that. Perhaps she should become a driving force again. Oh, but if she could bring Van back, every moment would be for him. Wars be damned.

She cannot help but laugh, because the truth is that she only thinks she knows what to do and how to do it. Having never actually brought someone back from dead before, the whole thing is very iffy and based purely in theory. “I don’t know, but I xaf to try. Or at least… se xim.” She completely ignores the dangerous query. It probably is. But when Etro asks if she can do anything, Yael knows a way to make just a little safer. “Yes… Be my anchor so ve can find ze vay back.” It isn’t magic, so Etro can’t negate it. Actually calling Yael’s name out loud will do nothing but give her mother a way to locate the real world. “Vill you meet me at ze beach tomorrow?”

She can only imagine Van’s surprise when his baby girl is there to greet him too.

Yael, guardian of the desert

[don't feel like you have to reply - i'm just going to go ahead and post on the Afterlife board next Smile ]

Messages In This Thread
    eloheinu melech ha'olam - etro - by Yael - 08-30-2015, 08:33 PM
    RE: eloheinu melech ha'olam - etro - by etro - 09-02-2015, 01:01 AM
    RE: eloheinu melech ha'olam - etro - by Yael - 09-09-2015, 05:39 PM
    RE: eloheinu melech ha'olam - etro - by etro - 09-10-2015, 11:22 PM
    RE: eloheinu melech ha'olam - etro - by Yael - 10-03-2015, 07:30 PM
    RE: eloheinu melech ha'olam - etro - by etro - 10-04-2015, 08:14 PM
    RE: eloheinu melech ha'olam - etro - by Yael - 10-14-2015, 04:06 PM
    RE: eloheinu melech ha'olam - etro - by etro - 10-17-2015, 04:54 PM
    RE: eloheinu melech ha'olam - etro - by Yael - 10-24-2015, 04:31 PM