• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Like a Thorn to the Holy Ones [any]
    This was the easy part—the part that Magnus excelled at. He was confident when he was conversing with other souls in the Field because what they talked about was so familiar to him. He had spent decades walking amongst them and had even been there once himself, although he had ultimately declined all of the recruiter’s offers before making his choice to return to the Gates. It had been tempting to start over in the Field and find a new home after coming back to life—but he felt obligated to return to Heaven. Even though Joelle was no longer around, he still felt her presence; he had to protect her home on her behalf.

“Depends,” is all he answers with a shadow of a smile. There was something intriguing about the other stallion; he wasn’t exactly the usual resident of Heaven, but the kingdom had seen all kinds of souls live there over the years. It would be stereotypical to say that they were all ‘Light’ in spirit. “I come from a kingdom here called Heaven’s Gates.” He knew how the name sounded but he continued, “And, honestly, we need soldiers, fighters, diplomats. We need souls who are willing to find purpose in the kingdom.”

There is a pause as he looks at the other stallion, sizing him up. “Last year, we were attacked by another kingdom and they burned our ground, stole our Queen.” It had been before he had returned, but he doesn’t mention that, just continues. “There is opportunity there to rise up the ranks. Challenge in fighting against what’s wrong. Kinship in your fellow soldiers and kingdom residents.” Another pause as he rolls his scarred shoulders, “I may not be an elder, but I have mentored horses before. I would be happy to help you mock battle, learn the ropes of the kingdom, or in any way that you need.”

Magnus does not mention his past or current positions, it seemed irrelevant. Instead, he just cocks a back leg, black tail flicking at his scarred sides. “I can answer any other questions, if you have them.”

[ooc] sorry about the confusion! <3
    [Image: gqYjsHr.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Like a Thorn to the Holy Ones - by magnus - 11-01-2015, 07:25 PM
    RE: Like a Thorn to the Holy Ones - by magnus - 11-01-2015, 08:44 PM
    RE: Like a Thorn to the Holy Ones [any] - by magnus - 11-01-2015, 11:09 PM