• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i struggled to find any truth in your lies - EVERYONE
    when my time comes around
    lay me gently in the cold dark earth

Dawn has not yet broken over the eastern sea, but Errant’s call is loud as it echoes through the cold fall air. He means to gather them together, for the Brothers to decide what will become of their kingdom. Mountain is gone, at least for the time it will take him to discover that Errant has teleported from the Jungle to the Tundra, and the time it will then take him to run from southern Beqanna to its northern tip.

“The Amazons have taken our king,” He tells them when they have assembled. “But I’d prefer to think of it as a favor to the Kingdom.” He seeks out Nihlus, Hurricane, and Simeon among those gathered – these three have the full story, and Errant has no qualms with sharing it himself if the rest of the Brotherhood is curious.

“Now is the time to decide,” the black stallion reminds them, his grey eyes sharp as he looks from one face to the other. He has not chosen to stand on the knoll from which the king traditionally addresses the kingdom, and his reason is twofold. He is not yet the king, though the tone of their previous meeting has made it clear he might be the only willing option, and he has seen what good became of Mountain treating them as less than. Errant had not ruled that way his first go round (he hopes), and he has decided he will continue that. “Do we want Mountain to lead us to ruin, or shall we choose ourselves a new king?”

Errant waits, waits to see the reactions, and then adds his final words. “I’ve said before I am willing to rule if you all will have me. Are there others here willing to step up as well?” There had not been before, and while any one of them might make as decent a king as Errant, the black stallion does has one advantage. He’s not been here the longest – Brennen will always have them all beat – and he is not the best diplomat. But he is strong, and a fighter, and his magic can protect Beqanna in the coming turmoil.

e r r a n t

no grave can hold my body down
    i'll crawl home to her

[Image: leaanderrant_zpsqa4goyjv.gif]

Messages In This Thread
    i struggled to find any truth in your lies - EVERYONE - by Errant - 04-17-2015, 07:51 AM