• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

we are aching bones and wasted years; esileif

I'm your Queen, you're my Ruler.

Was it ambition that drove her? Perhaps, but her jealousy was probably the thing that sparked more in her. Yet she couldn’t deny that ambition sounded better than jealousy, ambition could be justified, jealousy not really. And then she didn’t even mention the fact that her insecurity had another big part in her longing to become more. She needed to prove the world (and mostly herself) that she was worth it, and in her naïve thoughts she could do that through obtaining traits and status.

Esileif fall still as she turns to look at him, eyes narrowing slightly. She wonders how he could say that this easily and keeps silent as her gaze rests on him. Did he know what she wanted, did he understood where she longed for so badly? The two tone mare wasn’t sure about that, yet she wouldn’t spill that right here and now. ”I hope you’ll remember that, Magnus, because I sure will do” she replies to him with a soft smile on her lips. Her words might have been light and warm, she meant them through and through. A winged warrior at your side could always be helpful if something needed to be done.

”Is that true? Joining the ranks of the Heaven’s Gates doesn’t come with a hidden catch?” she asks bluntly. Her two toned eyes don’t move away from him and one of her ears is tipped in his direction as the other listens to the world around them. She simply cannot believe him, there is no way that the kingdom would let here live within his borders without asking for anything in return. Even loyalty could be quested, as she could always leave when she wanted. ”Do you know how.. illogical and strange that actually sounds?”

As she silently thinks of all the things he had said her eyes travel across the Gates’ lands once again. The beauty of the lands touch her, they meet up with the dream every young girl has. It isn’t hard for Esileif to picture herself to live here and if it is true what Magnus has told her, she could find her purpose here. Together with all the other things her heart longs for. ”Can I ask you something, Magnus?” She breaks the silence, once again casting her gaze in his direction.

”Would you want me to join the Gates? Would the Gates want and accept it? And how do you picture me serving the kingdom?”

ESILEIF
    Belgarath x Alasia

Messages In This Thread
    RE: we are aching bones and wasted years; esileif - by Esileif - 11-09-2015, 05:34 AM