• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Behave yourself little Darling ( Magnus, Johnathen, Any)

you and I both know that the house is haunted
    and you and I both know that the ghost is me

He laughs at her obvious relief, shaking his head. “Of course,” one corner of his lacerated lips fold into a crooked smile. “We would never let a child be on his or her own—let alone force them to be.” It simply wasn’t the way of Heaven, nor any kingdom, he believed. Although, truth be told, some of the other kingdoms had stricter borders than those of the Gates. Magnus worked hard to keep them secure, but he was ultimately passive on who came and went so long as they did not pose a serious threat to the rest of the kingdom members. The Gates was a haven and her borders were open to all who needed sanctuary.

At the next sentence though, he fumbles, uncomfortable under the praise. He was not a particularly bashful stallion, but he was not equipped to handle compliments well. “All I did was present you with the opportunity, Becca,” he diverts. “That hardly makes me a knight in shining armor.” Another laugh, slightly uncomfortable, but still warm, “I’m just glad that you felt this was the right fit.”

Still, she compliments him again, and he shuffles a little. “Charming?” the word feels foreign in his mouth, and he wonders if he is indeed charming; if he was, he certainly didn’t meant to be. He just loved company—especially that of mares. He was his best self around them. “I’m glad to hear that you think so,” he looks toward the border where he can see the colt making his way out, “but it’s easy when I am having such pleasant company.” He smiles at her. “So how have you been, Becca? It has been awhile.”

MAGNUS

once general. once lord. once king.

© robert bejil photography
    [Image: gqYjsHr.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Behave yourself little Darling ( Magnus, Johnathen, Any) - by magnus - 11-10-2015, 02:11 AM