• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

seal my heart and break my pride; elektrum
    MUNROE.
    He had wavered at the border of the kingdom, the glistening sands spread out comfortingly behind his back. It has been years since the wild child had even considered exploring the outside world once again. But he has decided it was finally time to go back to where it had all began for him.

The meadow was, at first, a seemingly welcome space for any and all to gather. But this pleasantly warm summer breeze was vastly different from the horribly traumatic winter he had barely survived as a foal. He had been lucky that Ima had found him when she had, for he undoubtedly not survived to see the end of his first winter.

Hazel eyes regard the different groups with a cool disregard - no others interested him past Ima and those that she considered to be hers. The wild child had never fared well with strangers and he stuck mostly to the outside of the lush, verdant meadow. It wasn’t the openness that bothered him (the desert stretched and remained vast for miles on end), but the suffocating crowd kept him irritated and on edge.

Truly, he did not know why he had returned to this place.

A tantalizing glimmer reflected out from between tall strands of wild grasses and his eyes widen in excitement. Perhaps he would be lucky enough to accompany Ima back home! He rushes towards the figure in the grass, but only to be gravely disappointed and confused. This boy was definitely not Ima, even though his coat reflected just like hers perfectly. The warm gold and flash of silver failed to assure the wild child and he glares at the stranger in suspicion.

Why did he resemble Ima so?

Munroe was on his way to great affrontedness.

He scrutinizes the boy’s back but fails to see any wondrous wings like those of Ima. This must be some sort of laughable imposter then. And he was not amused at the attempt. The wild child remains tense and wary, ready to fight or flight at any second.

But he is not shy in demanding an answer from this boy.

Who you?

Messages In This Thread
    seal my heart and break my pride; elektrum - by munroe - 11-12-2015, 12:12 AM