• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Like a Thorn to the Holy Ones [Killdare, any]

I WILL ALWAYS FIND YOU

A half smile parts his jaw for Straia's good humor, but that gesture breaks when once again the boy speaks. There are few games for Killdare, mostly there are actions, and there are reactions. Then there are consequences, outcomes.

Of this the new comer will soon learn that the Chamber plays very little. That Killdare plays even less, because he is not one to hide the nature of things. He does not play false, his cards are all set out, and he does not rely on trickery or cunning. Perhaps he never will, so far it had served him well enough- if it's not broke don't fix it.

The Queen's features darken, one of her messengers bringing whispers, and what it has to say is not in favor of their guest. If that is what they would call him, and suppose he was since so far he was not dead. Not yet anyways.

He laughs then, a rumbling baritone, but pleasant nonetheless. "A game boy? A man's word is his bond. I've given mine to the Chamber, seems to me you throw yours around like empty cans."  He says dismissively, and then the ravens swallow him up. The timing is perfect, the Queen has a certain flare about the way she does things, it's a mesmerizing art truly. A traitor, already, and the boy hadn't even made himself at home. It wasn't panning out well for the lad, no doubt he had not planned such a hostile welcoming. The Colonel had really written the colt off in that moment, or he had almost done so anyways-until Straia turned to him for an opinion.

He raises an eyebrow, tucking his wings sleek against his body, before he answers in a gruff tone. "Do with him?" He says as though he truly ponders on the situation at hand. "Well, he's come to help the Gates, so naturally I think it should be that they get no help from him at all." He pauses as he considers. "Turn him against his 'friends', those he seeks to aid, play him against the Gates since it is apparent his allegiance lies with himself." Traitors tricks were a nasty business, and the bay could only view them as such.

It's while in thought that he takes on a quizzical appearance, turning only to the Queen herself. "Unless that is the game of which he speaks." He speaks in whispers, as near as he dares is appropriate. Though the Queen is a sight to behold, he would never dream of crossing that line, he wished to serve her and that he would do. "I wonder the way he twists his words so often. Perhaps he does not intend to help the Gates at all? Suppose you might let him speak. He'll probably talk anyways, long as he has a tongue to flap in his mouth." Could be lies either way the youngster told them, luckily for Killdare he did not have to decide which was fact and which was fiction. He swishes his tail before turning about face, standing to the Queen's right and awaiting what consequences she saw fit.
    Either way, it was a damn good show.

KILLDARE
    Dragon-Winged Tracker Colonel of the Chamber

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Like a Thorn to the Holy Ones [Killdare, any] - by Killdare - 11-13-2015, 09:37 PM