• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

ordinary [magnus/any]

you and I both know that the house is haunted
    and you and I both know that the ghost is me

He had hoped that she would come. He had watched her leave with that stallion, still uneasy with how he had reacted so violently to Yael, and hoped that she would find her way to the Gates—hoped that he would be able to check on her and ensure that she was all right. So when he sees her on the border, hears her soft call ring out over the land, he is relieved. Every cell in his body practically sighs from it, and his gold-flecked eyes flicker with his pleasure as he makes his way over to her, wings tucked in at his sides.

“Hello there, Dragonglass,” he greets as he comes to a stop, dropping his golden head into a more formal nod. “I’m so glad that you could make it.” Taking a step back, he gestures toward the kingdom unfolding around them—the sun washing over it, turning the green hills golden in its light. It was a stunning place to live; despite the fact that he knew he did not truly belong here, he had grown to love it. Had grown to love everything that it stood for and everything it meant for Beqanna. It was a haven. It meant rest.

Bringing his attention back from the soft, rolling hills, he smiles at her, “This is Heaven.” It was his favorite name for the kingdom—the most fitting one, in his opinion. He knew that more people knew the land as the Gates, and he was not against calling it that, it always felt better to call it what it was: Heaven. It was the land where no judgement was passed. Where anyone could claim sanctuary. Where they could find something to eat, pleasant company, a kind ruler under Mast, and someone to watch over them.

He could only hope that Dragonglass would feel the same way about it as he.

MAGNUS

once general. once lord. once king.

© robert bejil photography
    [Image: gqYjsHr.png]

Messages In This Thread
    ordinary [magnus/any] - by Dragonglass - 11-14-2015, 08:26 PM
    RE: ordinary [magnus/any] - by magnus - 11-15-2015, 04:53 PM
    RE: ordinary [magnus/any] - by Dragonglass - 11-15-2015, 08:18 PM
    RE: ordinary [magnus/any] - by magnus - 11-18-2015, 01:37 AM