• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

they all need something to hold on to; open
    I don’t believe we’ve had the pleasure.

An amused mind-voice immediately replies to the two of them,Not unteel now, but I knew your mozer, a coy smirk matching the girl’s neat little sidestep.

It is always the women who take an unreasonable offense to Yael simply being the way she is. Had Camrynn walked up to them with her hair as black as night and bedazzled cheek and golden insignia, would the sister have looked at her in the same way? Though Yael might be the most powerful one there, aside from Magnus, she is the least threatening. When has she ever hurt more than a fly? All her big shows are meant for the violent ones, and something tells her that these two simply seek entertainment right now; an eon of immortality does make the years drag on, and eventually very little is surprising.

So she waits, sifting through the various circuses she could concoct before their very eyes, but preferring to the let at least one of the stallions go first. Magnus has extraordinary charisma, and only a blind and deaf fool could miss that Nao calls the shots here. Not to underestimate the brother, but he plays second string out of habit and to keep the peace. Take Yael’s exotic sexuality away (mind, she does not flaunt it, but it sits upon her like a second skin, simmering in accents and spices and lithe lines), and she still has the world at her fingertips. Besides, she has never been one to use that tactic (unless it was against her lover) to get what she wants.

Maybe she should. It would be an interesting turn of events for her.

But back to the task at hand - what could she possibly show them that they have not seen in all their years? The cosmos? They could not run amongst the planets and drink from stardust. They could hear the universe’s song at the birth of the sun, or its keening as another one implodes upon itsself. Yael could let them into her head to see what she’s seen, or she could pull it from her memories and make a hologram for them. She could, but somehing tells her that the girl still wouldn’t be impressed. Yael could recite their history with a simple peek into their minds, or bring the image of her well-loved leopard Queen to life again. She could shrink the twins, or make them giants. There are an infinite number of possibilities, each more grandiose than the last.

“I ahm xere to revive ze land I love. I ahm ze Deserts Guardian, and t’ough I do not xaf a century of stories, I xaf…” she pauses briefly, a bright twinkle in her eyes before she dissolves into golden dust and then rebuilds herself into a miniature metallic-colored dragon. She is still the size of a horse, but the wings and scales and teeth and neck ridges are there. “Mageec.” she finishes, and then chuckles lightly, multi-faceted eyes whirling a pleasant teal. After another couple of breathes, Yael shifts back into her horse form, letting some parts shrink and slim down, while other parts elongate. “Ze vorld and all t’at ees beyond ees only a t’ought avay.” They really did need new life in the Desert. If all went according to plan, she and Vanquish and whomever else joined them could remake the sandy kingdom into whatever they wanted it to be.

Yael, guardian of the desert

Messages In This Thread
    RE: they all need something to hold on to; open - by Yael - 11-16-2015, 10:18 AM