• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

of eagles and lambs [ALL KINGDOM]

I am iron and I forge myself

Lagertha knew (like Sunday, though not in the same way) that this was coming the moment Magnus insisted on asking for their support. She does not blame him; as a stubborn woman, she would have done the same, and then pestered the King or Queen with why they should support her. Probably without much tact, too. Such is her bull-headed way.

Their Khaleesi had left a few details out, preferring to let them make up their own minds. And while she tried not to feel it, Rhy’s absence of support is painfully noticeable. Again, she knew this would happen; her gaze almost feels accusing, as if she could see the glee that Lagertha had forced down when presenting the facts. It would not do to appear eager for battle. One does not willingly put one’s Sisters in danger. Rhy’s abstainment speaks volumes, and Lagertha knows she should feel ashamed - but instead she keeps looking at the gold and white mare long after she’s chosen to abstain. Voices ring out and a few votes are tallied, though she can see that the majority are still thinking. Good.

Sunday is of the same mind as Rhy, she imagines, and offers a third solution. Lagertha nods solemnly and is about to concede and add it to the options (it is the smartest move, though by far the less exciting one) when Joscelin chimes in. Ah, so there she is. The Iron Lady had been wondering where she’d gone off to. A small fraction of a grin spreads ever so slowly as the mare defends her home’s honor (which was never in question), prompting Lagertha to speak again.

“I do not doubt that the Dale can handle themselves, or that they are not valuable allies in any situation. In fact, if we were to choose the Chamber I wonder if they would stand beside us…” She muses out loud, playing Devil’s Advocate in a sense. The only way someone would know what she and Straia spoke about was if a mind reader showed up and plucked it from her memories. Or Prague. But she’s been so unreliable lately. “Sunday is right - there is a third option, if we want to offer it. I’m not sure words can overcome the insult and injury the Chamber has done, but it is an option. Thank you, Sunday.” She nods to the odd little mare, hoping that she isn’t putting too much doubt in their minds. “Joscelin also brings up a good point, but it should be paired with caution. Allying with the Gates will show our mettle, and, as someone put it, place ourselves on the right side of history. It is also by far the more dangerous option. If we ally with them and they declare war, some of us might die. I absolutely think we could win, but I will never disregard the life of a Sister.” Again, she takes a breath and pauses. Then verbally takes the plunge.

“If there’s a tie, the Gates has my vote. Even if I’m the only one fighting with them.” She clears her throat and then looks to Sunday, then quickly at Rhy. She has not lied - but can they know? Could they know about her conversation with Straia? That she and the Raven Queen brokered an agreement to bring about war? There is no doubt that this is what she wants, but if there is not full disclosure that someone could die - well, it would be a dark stain upon their victory. A mask of iron neutrality continues to sit comfortably on her face while she looks out over her women. “Give the third option, and discussion,if you want to change your vote, you may. Otherwise, please continue.”

War is messy. She would be surprised if the voting went on without a hitch.

Lagertha

warrior queen of the amazons

[sorry, couldn't help myself!]

Messages In This Thread
    of eagles and lambs [ALL KINGDOM] - by Lagertha - 11-13-2015, 02:18 PM
    RE: of eagles and lambs [ALL KINGDOM] - by Sarkis - 11-15-2015, 09:09 AM
    RE: of eagles and lambs [ALL KINGDOM] - by Rhy - 11-16-2015, 10:25 AM
    RE: of eagles and lambs [ALL KINGDOM] - by Sunday - 11-16-2015, 07:44 PM
    RE: of eagles and lambs [ALL KINGDOM] - by Lagertha - 11-16-2015, 09:22 PM
    RE: of eagles and lambs [ALL KINGDOM] - by Aoi - 11-19-2015, 03:01 PM
    RE: of eagles and lambs [ALL KINGDOM] - by Nayl - 11-23-2015, 05:22 PM
    RE: of eagles and lambs [ALL KINGDOM] - by Naga - 11-26-2015, 09:08 AM