• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

two falling sparks - mast & family/any

I've heard there was a secret chord
    that David played and it pleased the Lord
    but you don't really care for music do you?

There were lots of things he valued in life, but none more than his family. They were his shelter from the storm, his rock when the ground began to gave way. He hadn’t known much about his birth father, and even less about his birth mother, but he at least owed them thanks for giving him life. But it had been the Gates that had breathed the air into his lungs, given him the tools to rise to the top, like cream. His family here, they were his safe harbor. From his lover to his children, and everyone in between, he loved them all. Without them he was nothing, and he surely would have faded into nothingness.

The day was pleasant as he took Topsail around the kingdom, trying in vain to show the child something noteworthy. She was a wild thing, and had Mast not already been gray, then she surely would have sent him on the path to it. The deer king had almost given up, when a familiar face caught his eye. His mouth split into a wide grin as he turned to beckon Topsail to follow him, and to do so quickly. She of course scowled, angry that whatever mischief she had been planning had been stymied. Mast didn’t look back to see if she was following, but trotted quickly to the young stallion crossing over the borders. Magnus beat him there, but Mast paid him no mind for the moment. He wasn’t being rude, but this was his son, his very first child. “Finner, my boy.” he exclaimed, giving the grulla a bump on the shoulder with his nose. Turning back to Magnus he smiled sheepishly, as if somewhat embarrassed by his lack of composure. “Magnus, you’ll have to excuse me. But this is Finner, my son.” he said proudly. “Topsail, come here…now!” His ears flicked back to his head, impatient with her petulance for once. “Topsail, meet your brother Finner, and Magnus.” The grulla filly frowned at her fathers urging, but she came nonetheless. Dipping her head she greeted them both, but for now she was silent. Mast returned her frown momentarily before turning back to his son. “Its good to have you home, son.”

M A S T

Messages In This Thread
    RE: two falling sparks - mast & family/any - by Mast - 11-17-2015, 09:43 PM