• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

good morning starshine; Esileif

No, there was nothing wrong with doing your homework. It was, in fact, the preferable way to do things. It was simply Fennick’s misfortune that life happened to him like a freight train happened to someone standing on the railroad tracks. Truly, it was lucky the kingdom didn’t rest solely in his hands. That would be an unprecedented disaster. Or, at least, he would have to search his soul and alter most of it. Neither destiny sounded particularly appealing. However, it was time Esileif met the Valley’s real puppet master. Fennick spoke in his head, for he figured Gallows would probably be listening anyways, or if she wasn’t, would hear something directly for her.

“Gallows, won’t you tell our guest about your vision? For I have none.” That wasn’t particularly true, he was going to try his best, but perhaps Esileif would benefit from another perspective. While he waited for Gallows to appear, Fennick turned his attention to Esileif’s other questions. His face, devoid of his immature humor, looked quite a bit older. He looked at the girl curiously, wondering how much he should say. He was not a diplomat, he didn’t understand the intricacies of kingdom secrets. He did, however, see something in her, something that looked that hunger. After a moment Fennick shrugged and went for it.

“You met Magnus in the field, yes? He’s a good man, I wouldn’t mind ten just like him.” That was very true. Magnus had made himself an unbearable pain in Fennick’s ass when it came to recruiting. The Gate’s man was loyal to his home. He was everything you wanted in a solider. That being said, all those great characteristics would do his kingdom little good. One good man did not an army make.

“I’m sure you know the Gates was recently attacked. That attack was launched by our ally. I can’t tell you the specifics, for I don’t even know them myself, yet. But the world is spoiling for a war, and I can promise you we’re on the winning side.” Fennick wasn’t blood thirsty, far from it. But, he didn’t like apathy, and he didn’t like weakness. His kingdom was neither of those things, and he wasn’t going to sit idly on his heels and watch the world pass by him. As far as he was concerned, there was far too much tolerance for complacency. Fennick would like to change that.

OOC: @[Calli], do you want to join us?

Messages In This Thread
    good morning starshine; Esileif - by Fennick - 10-28-2015, 12:58 PM
    RE: good morning starshine; Esileif - by Esileif - 10-28-2015, 02:57 PM
    RE: good morning starshine; Esileif - by Fennick - 11-02-2015, 10:42 PM
    RE: good morning starshine; Esileif - by Esileif - 11-05-2015, 05:47 PM
    RE: good morning starshine; Esileif - by Fennick - 11-09-2015, 04:51 PM
    RE: good morning starshine; Esileif - by Esileif - 11-11-2015, 03:24 PM
    RE: good morning starshine; Esileif - by Fennick - 11-19-2015, 01:22 PM
    RE: good morning starshine; Esileif - by Gallows - 12-14-2015, 08:09 PM
    RE: good morning starshine; Esileif - by Esileif - 12-16-2015, 07:39 AM