• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'll burn this whole city down (Sunday, Scorch, any)

WATCH THE FLAMES CLIMB HIGH INTO THE NIGHT

Recognition dawns on Lyris’ becoming face, and an exclamation  soon follows. The appaloosa’s enthusiasm towards Scorch’s presence brings crinkles to the corners of Scorch’s dragon eyes – now a light caramel colour. The smile is more grim than merry, for the days have been long and the troubles longer still, but she indulges in the comfort of an old face. Even Queens must have their off days.

”It would do you well to speak to Lagertha, then.” The mention of her ex-Erinak and ex-Bloodrider brings a foul taste to her tongue, but thankfully, no one is tasting the inside of her mouth to figure just how she feels about the woman (blegh). ”She’s our General, or Jakka, if you will.”

Lyris’ gaze roams over the sparse treeline, though it is already leagues better than it had been when the blizzards first halted. Scorch’s stomach aches to think of how damaged their Jungle had been – but the Jungle is a warrior, and she is rebuilding. The fire-sister returns from following Lyris’ gaze with an explanation upon her husky tongue. ”An evil magic was sent to each kingdom while the monarchs gathered in a herd land. Disasters struck each of us. Blizzards ravaged the Jungle for a year, but as you can see, we are rebuilding, thanks not only to the Jungle’s perseverance, but the might of the Sisterhood.”

”If in fact you’re wondering just how I have been crowned, the matter is rather connected. Upon Brunhild’s return to the Jungle, she was attacked and wounded. As she needed time to recover, she asked me to take her place on the throne. She lives on, in this self-same Jungle, but she prefers to be alone now.” The words pain her to say, for Brunhild had been one of her closest friends. The shadow-manipulation woman had understood Scorch like none other; she had been so like Kagerou in so many ways, it was uncanny. A darkness passes over the light caramel of her eyes as she remembers – and mourns – her leopard friend, and even Brunhild, for although she is not yet dead, she is not yet living, either.

”But enough about me. Where have you been hiding, Lyris?”

Scorch

Khaleesi of the Amazon Jungle

[Image: scorch2.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I'll burn this whole city down (Sunday, Scorch, any) - by Scorch - 04-19-2015, 02:41 PM