• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i am a hurricane - all kingdom

I was looking for a breath of life
    another taste of divine rush

Straia’s right, she’s probably just doomed the Peace caste. The hard and fast truth is that Shaytan is neither fighter nor diplomat. She’s useful for standing around at the border and making sure no one is stealing one of their members, and occasionally she ventures off to try and steal her own. But crowds like this are definitely not her thing. She’d rather be in front of the flaming tree, staring into its ever changing, always warm, flickering bits of light.

If it were anyone else, the spotted sentinel would probably ignore it, playing dumb and single-minded in the way that only she can get away with. However, Straia’s voice mostly likely had the power to call Shay back from even the halls of the dead, and so in life, she jumps to obey. When she arrives, Shay barrels her way to the front, eager to let her eyes feast upon the tobiano Raven Queen. Her Queen. Her heart begins to thump wildly in her chest, and she finds she cannot remember when last she actually saw the mare in front of her. The nightmare.. Ugh. No. Don’t remember the nightmare. In fact, actively push that vision of a skinless Straia from your mind, you crazy woman, you! Bad Shaytan. Bad!

Shaytan silently wills Straia to come over to her, to touch her and caress her neck in some show of favoritism. All her mental power is funneled into that thought, which leaves her more than a little surprised when she hears her name. It shakes her up a bit, taking her a moment to realize that she’s received a promotion AND invisibility. Her eyes grow wide and she stifles an uncharacteristic squeak. Oh! Oh boy oh boy oh boy! She is doing something right after all!

Unfortunately, she has nothing constructive to offer to the meeting. Shaytan will continue to do what Shaytan does best - and she will join the fight when it comes, but the likelihood that she gets any training for it is slim. Unless they call her out by name, or send her to do something else. Ooooh… maybe she could be some sort of spy? That’s what invisibility is good for, after all. And then she could save the day and gain Straia’s favor and… gosh, the possibilities are endless.  

Shaytan

so many lives
    so many pairs of eyes

Messages In This Thread
    i am a hurricane - all kingdom - by Straia - 11-16-2015, 04:01 PM
    RE: i am a hurricane - all kingdom - by Killdare - 11-16-2015, 06:15 PM
    RE: i am a hurricane - all kingdom - by Lupei - 11-16-2015, 08:53 PM
    RE: i am a hurricane - all kingdom - by Warship - 11-17-2015, 08:59 PM
    RE: i am a hurricane - all kingdom - by Shaytan - 11-20-2015, 02:18 PM
    RE: i am a hurricane - all kingdom - by Kushiel - 12-01-2015, 12:51 PM
    RE: i am a hurricane - all kingdom - by Kimber - 12-01-2015, 10:08 PM
    RE: i am a hurricane - all kingdom - by Straia - 12-11-2015, 12:43 PM