• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

In the paths of righteousness [Rapscallion; *warning*]
    Wichita
    surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life
    She's been considering them. The wildflowers at her feet. Tiny things, weeds really, colored a soft shade of lavender. She wondered how it could be, how the flowers, the plants, could feel. Had it always been that way and she was just now noticing?

Her ears flit back, catching the nicker that leaves a mouth she's not heard from in a while. She turns her head, looking back at him as he approaches, a question almost on her mouth but she changes it to a greeting instead. "Hi there ta you too." She swishes her flaxen tail, watching him steadily as he breaches her solitude. It's a wondering stare that falls from her chocolate eyes, confused even, her brows pulling creases to her forehead. "I s'pose I am." She tilts her head slightly, studying him perhaps too openly. "You're," she pauses thinking, and looking almost pained in concentration. "You're...guarded." Deciding it was as close to a response as she had.

She turns her head away, looking at the blossoms with a nod. "The plants, they have feelings. Did ya know? How can that be?" She asks as though he would know of such things. Turning to look at him again, as if he had an answer. "The trees, the flowers, the grass. All of them. Isn't that odd Rapscallion?" She smiles softly and looks at her feet. "Guess I'm kinda the odd thing now, askin' ya about trees and their feelings. Hey, whatcha thinkin' about? Right now?" She hadn't expected it to be so difficult to read someone other than her children. Thought it might come to pass much easier than it was, but she didn't expect this.

Maybe it was him, he had always been rather dark in her eyes. It's amazing to her now, how much things seemed different than before- but they had stayed much the same. In truth, she was the only thing that had done any changing. Everything else was just as it should be.

amen.

Lady and Governor of Heaven's Gates

Messages In This Thread
    RE: In the paths of righteousness [any] - by Wichita - 12-02-2015, 09:24 PM