• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

between the shadows and the soul - gallows, fennick, warship

Maybe, finally, things are moving forward. I know as far as I'm concerned, the Valley is ready. I'm not eager to sit around and wait to be attacked. I'll take the element of (somewhat) surprise over familiar terrain any day. After all, nothing unnerves an opponent quite like hitting them where they think they're safe.

I make a face as a fire raven comes bursting out of the wall. Granted, I know the ravens are the Chamber Queen's favorite tool, but I will never get used to them. Birds. Ick. And they're so rude. It circles, and I follow it to the spot where it originated.

Fennick is off somewhere, but I send him a mental summons (I'm not much on invitations) before trotting through the fire myself to greet Straia and Warship. I throw the wall an exasperated look over my shoulder.

"That won't be staying. Eight is working on its removal now."

I suppose I should have started with hello, but pleasantries aren't really my thing. I feel like that should be evident by the fact that I am invested in starting a war. There's no point in a hi, how are you, when there's more important things on the agenda. Besides, if I really wanted to know how someone was I'd just rifle through their thoughts. It saves time.

"Follow me through the wall, will you? It's annoying as hell, but it does keep away eavesdroppers." I tuck my wings (I will never quite feel as if they're going to make it through unscathed) and plunge back through the flames as if the tickling sensation doesn't irritate the crap out of me. Once the pair has followed, I move straight to the point. "Any news to share? Personally, I feel we shouldn't wait too long to strike. The Gates have been building up members and I heard a rumor they're seeking allies. Unfortunately there are those who love a lost cause."

See, this is why I need Fennick (ugh, gag me with a stick). He would probably have done something like, I don't know, ask how the Chamber was. Something polite. Something distinctly Fennick.

G A L L O W S
    We must all hang together or, assuredly, we shall all hang separately.

ooc: I read that as Warship already being there? So, let me know if I need to correct it! Smile And also, for lurkers, once they are through the wall no one can hear their conversation without Gallows knowing they are there, so this is a secret thread. ;-)

Messages In This Thread
    RE: between the shadows and the soul - gallows, fennick, warship - by Gallows - 12-16-2015, 07:52 PM