• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

ruby red glow ; any

He lets his muzzle touch against her salmon one, reveling in the soft velvety feel of it, a smile unable to leave the curve of his lips. She seems young, just as he is, and he feels a kindness in her gaze and in the sincerity of her gentle tones, and so he feels a sort of kinship with her; they are both somewhat out of place, among the older equines, but they create their own little corner, he feels, so he is comfortable in her presence. She seems gentler by far than the eldest equines here, and he wonders briefly if life is what makes them so hard and unkind. She relaxes at his name and so he relaxes in turn, smile matching hers in its intensity; she is genuine, and he can feel that he is right, for not a soul could pretend to be what she is so naturally.
    Her eyes lower, briefly, and his head tilts slightly in curiosity. She seems bashful, almost, but when she lifts her honeyed gaze again he can only see excitement. He racks his brain, trying to think if anything he had said would create such a brightness, but she solves the question for him once she speaks. He has a hard time focusing on her words, exactly, for her voice is so lovely he is content to listen to its rise and fall, but his question is answered soon enough once he registers her words. To live alongside her would be paradise, indeed, and so his head bobs in answer. "I would love to come and live in the Dazzling Falls, with you." His smile is bright, even though he seems sheepish at his last words. He'd just met her, and yet he is acting like they are lovers - but how could he realize that, for his innocence is so great that he can only think that is the kind way to accept.
    He sees her eyes flicker to his strange mane once again and he watches her smile grow, until it seems she may burst - which, moments after such a thought, words burst from her, and he laughs at the sudden apology. "It is rather bright, isn't it?" It shines in the rays that hit it, and he smiles at her, tossing forelock from his eyes with a quick movement of his head. "I woke up with it, and I actually quite like it. It reminds me of the leaves in the fall, and autumn is my favorite season, so I think it fits me." He gestures at the leaves below their feet and makes eye contact with her again, smile unable to leave his lips every time he looks at her. It is like a childhood crush, although he doesn't know it by such a name - he simply feels a tingly warmth through his veins when he looks at her.

F A R R E N
    i'll taste the sky and feel alive again

Messages In This Thread
    ruby red glow ; any - by farren - 12-20-2015, 01:52 PM
    RE: ruby red glow ; any - by Ygritte - 12-20-2015, 04:10 PM
    RE: ruby red glow ; any - by farren - 12-20-2015, 11:39 PM
    RE: ruby red glow ; any - by Ygritte - 12-21-2015, 01:05 PM
    RE: ruby red glow ; any - by farren - 12-21-2015, 03:21 PM
    RE: ruby red glow ; any - by Ygritte - 12-21-2015, 03:46 PM
    RE: ruby red glow ; any - by farren - 12-21-2015, 04:35 PM