• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

ruby red glow ; ygritte, any

He notices how she swims closer to him as he grows the courage to dip deeper, her whicker a gentle encouragement as his forelegs become completely submerged, hind not far from being underwater as well. He wants to join her, to swim as freely as she does, and so that only strengthens his resolve, as does her laugh from his rather poorly aimed splash. His skull turns, a smile on his lips, as her coat turns into a dusky copper from the water he did manage to get upon her, and he suddenly decides he wants to be beside her, water be dammed. So he struts forward, into deeper water, head tossing slightly as his feet touch nothing but warm water, legs a jumbled mess before he slowly starts to figure out the mechanics of swimming.
    He tosses his head, forelock wet and heavy by his eyes, as his legs finally figure out the movement required in swimming, his body by no means graceful as he attempts to swim towards Ygritte. He finds he is better at treading water than swimming, as of now, so he is grateful that the current floats him gently to her before his legs begin to move again, keeping him in place beside her. His muzzle touches hers, softly, upon his arrival at her side and his nostrils flare to take in her sweet scent. They are quiet, briefly, before she speaks up, voice a melody he already finds himself straining to hear. "I don't know much of my family," He admits to her, almost embarrassed - he would assume his lack of knowledge about his heritage would be shameful - but he continues all the same. "I have no siblings that I know of, but I know I have my dam's colors with my sire's markings." He had found, early on in childhood, that his unique facial marking was not one common to equines that he knew. His father's marking makes him feel powerful, for that was how he remembers him. "My father was strong, I know that, and my mother was kind, but she had more than just me to take care of. She watched over everyone." He wishes he knows more, like their names or where he was from, but he cannot remember many details, to his dismay. "What is your family like?" He asks her in turn, brightening from a more melancholy state of remembrance. He is sure she must come from a line of beautiful women and strong men, ones who lead, for she seems like a leader herself.

F A R R E N
    i'll taste the sky and feel alive again

Messages In This Thread
    ruby red glow ; ygritte, any - by farren - 12-21-2015, 04:52 PM
    RE: ruby red glow ; ygritte, any - by Ygritte - 12-21-2015, 06:17 PM
    RE: ruby red glow ; ygritte, any - by farren - 12-21-2015, 07:15 PM
    RE: ruby red glow ; ygritte, any - by Ygritte - 12-21-2015, 08:46 PM
    RE: ruby red glow ; ygritte, any - by farren - 12-21-2015, 09:25 PM
    RE: ruby red glow ; ygritte, any - by Ygritte - 12-22-2015, 02:50 PM
    RE: ruby red glow ; ygritte, any - by farren - 12-22-2015, 04:45 PM
    RE: ruby red glow ; ygritte, any - by Ygritte - 12-22-2015, 07:40 PM
    RE: ruby red glow ; ygritte, any - by mandan - 12-26-2015, 12:52 PM