• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

ALL KINGDOM
    the walls kept tumbling down in the city that we love
    great clouds rolling over the hills
    and if you close your eyes, does it almost feel
    like nothing's changed at all?

Since he’s in the land of the aware once more, he supposes this would be a good time to make his presence known. Hurricane knows he’s around, of that much Brennen is sure, but the others he has not really met. He flicks honey-brown eyes across the group, not spending more than a cursory moment on the gray and the black strangers. His eyes linger longer on the third stallion, realizing that his first thought was not true. This boy he knows – and he can’t help but quirk a half smile as he listens to the younger man talk and hopes in spite of himself that he’s matured in the years that have passed.

“Brennen,” he gives the short introduction for the benefit of those who may not know, and affording Hurricane a brief nod. It’s not a bow, not an obeisance, but there are few Tundra Kings anymore who draw that sort of all-encompassing respect from what is quickly becoming an old man (that is…if he aged). At least he’s willing to acknowledge that Hurricane is the current King – it’s a start. “I agree that the foal trade with the Amazons is not always successful, but…” here he flicks his gaze to the boy across the gathering from himself (it doesn’t seem to matter that Nihlus is an adult now, and several inches taller than Brennen besides, he has the image of him as a youngster in his head and it won’t go away), “I thought that was how we ended up with you? From your Jungle family?” If he had an eyebrow, he would raise it – Nihlus has certainly referenced his relationship to the Jungle enough times in the past.

Perhaps he shouldn’t poke fun at one of his Brothers in the midst of what is surely supposed to be a serious meeting – but something about Nihlus has always kind of done that to Brennen. Perhaps it is that the boy is so completely into himself – just begging to be teased, and Bren is happy to oblige. Still, he’s had his moment and forces himself back to the here and now. “Forgive me my ignorance of current events but what sort of war is brewing?” He turns from Nihlus now to Hurricane, the faintest of frowns on his face. “I tend to agree with allying the Amazons, regardless of the reason, and I’m not a huge fan of the Chamber in general, but I’d like to know.”

brennen
    immortal, winged, bone-bending, ice-manipulating Tundra warrior

Messages In This Thread
    ALL KINGDOM - by Hurricane - 01-05-2016, 12:45 PM
    RE: ALL KINGDOM - by Brynmor - 01-06-2016, 05:49 AM
    RE: ALL KINGDOM - by Corruption - 01-06-2016, 12:37 PM
    RE: ALL KINGDOM - by Nihlus - 01-06-2016, 11:05 PM
    RE: ALL KINGDOM - by roan - 01-07-2016, 10:00 PM
    the walls kept tumbling down - by Brennen - 01-08-2016, 11:18 PM
    RE: ALL KINGDOM - by Corin - 01-09-2016, 05:10 AM
    RE: ALL KINGDOM - by Hurricane - 01-24-2016, 10:38 PM
    RE: ALL KINGDOM - by Brennen - 01-24-2016, 11:21 PM