• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

ALL KINGDOM

I could help myself to something

Corin isn’t sure if he has been in the Tundra long enough for his opinion to count. But he is determined to be a part of this kingdom, and so when the meeting is summoned, he trots towards where his king and his brothers - it feels strange but so right, calling these stallions he doesn’t even know his brothers - are assembled.
    He listens quietly, trying to blend in with the others, trying to look like he has been here for years, not mere weeks (difficult to blend when you are a golden striped zorse, but he must try). Everyone else speaks their piece, talks of war and alliances and foal-trading, until finally the conversation comes to rest on Corin.

He is glad that others felt they had to introduce themselves - Corin recognises Bynmor, of course, and Roan and Hurricane, but the others are all unfamiliar faces. “Corin,” he says simply, looking at the horses gathered. At least he is not the only one who didn’t know there was a war bubbling under the surface; perhaps he should have realised, there is a funny sort of quiet over Beqanna and it feels like it may snap any time.

“I know very little of this war, and of alliances, but I think that the Amazons would be a fine place to start.” The Amazons are one of the kingdoms that Corin has heard of; it would be hard to miss the legends of a great female warrior kingdom. And if this war is coming, it would certainly make sense to side with great female warriors.

“If more talks are to be had with the Amazons, I would be willing to join anyone going to speak to them.” He wants to find his place here, and a diplomatic mission could be a good start, a way to earn his keep. Corin will work hard, and he is determined to be as much as part of this kingdom as any of the stallions (and mare) around him.

Like a little bit of revelation

Corin
    pic c lijusz.deviantart.com

Messages In This Thread
    ALL KINGDOM - by Hurricane - 01-05-2016, 12:45 PM
    RE: ALL KINGDOM - by Brynmor - 01-06-2016, 05:49 AM
    RE: ALL KINGDOM - by Corruption - 01-06-2016, 12:37 PM
    RE: ALL KINGDOM - by Nihlus - 01-06-2016, 11:05 PM
    RE: ALL KINGDOM - by roan - 01-07-2016, 10:00 PM
    the walls kept tumbling down - by Brennen - 01-08-2016, 11:18 PM
    RE: ALL KINGDOM - by Corin - 01-09-2016, 05:10 AM
    RE: ALL KINGDOM - by Hurricane - 01-24-2016, 10:38 PM