• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

cotton candy {HERDS}

He is instantly pleased with her response towards him. She is the first mare to not immediately regard him with some suspicion. Either she is more stupid than the others, or he is simply getting better at his act.

His red eyes widen earnestly at her words and he blinks at her, seemingly concerned. “Betrayal? What do you … oh, I’m sorry. I won’t pry. That’s not fair when we’ve only just met.” He takes note of the way that her eyes do not shy away from his. How very promising - so many are disturbed by their red colour.

The sound of approaching hooves catches his ear and her turns to look at the newcomer, hiding the annoyance that immediately rears its head. He’d hoped to tackle this girl alone, but it seems that it will never be that easy for him. There will always be competition.

He does spare a passing thought for the stallion’s appearance though. The stranger is a striking, pale white, with a set of red eyes to match Zayn’s own. How very interesting. He’s never met another with red eyes before. He wonders briefly if the stallion is a relation before dismissing the thought - he looks nothing like his mother’s descriptions of his father.

He keeps up the act, nodding politely at the stallion and offering a pleasant smile. “Pleased to meet you Daey. My name is Zayn.” But, ever the appearance of a concerned gentleman, his attention quickly returns to the pink mare.

Much to his elation (which he hides, of course), she actually seems to be more afraid of the pale stallion than of himself. Even better, she seems to be suffering from some sort of anxious fit - sweating, hiding her face and retreating into the shadow of a nearby tree.

He takes a tentative step forward, showing concern, but still keeping a respectful distance. He doesn’t want to push too hard and scare her off. “Pleased to meet you Nixie.” He lets his gaze drop awkwardly, as if slightly nervous himself, then lifts his red eyes to seek out her blue ones. “To be completely honest I came to the field to see if I could find any mares to join my herd. But then I saw you and …” He lets his voice falter. “I … I just wanted to make sure you were ok. But I’ve just gone and made it worse haven’t I. I’m sorry.”

She apologizes herself and he takes another step forward, letting all of his words come out in a rush. “Oh! Please don’t apologize!” Then, as if realizing his outburst, he steps back awkwardly and hangs his head a little - the perfect picture of an awkward, but polite and sincere stallion. Now he just needs to wait for her response to see if she bought it.

ZAYN

I'm an ugly mess

I am so, SO, sorry, I forgot about this thread. I'm so sorry for the wait. D:

Messages In This Thread
    cotton candy {HERDS} - by Nixie - 12-24-2015, 03:51 AM
    RE: cotton candy {HERDS} - by Zayn - 12-24-2015, 04:42 AM
    RE: cotton candy {HERDS} - by Daey - 12-26-2015, 09:08 AM
    RE: cotton candy {HERDS} - by Nixie - 01-01-2016, 06:08 PM
    RE: cotton candy {HERDS} - by Zayn - 01-20-2016, 02:43 AM
    RE: cotton candy {HERDS} - by Nixie - 01-23-2016, 03:03 PM