• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Slowly Freaking Out {Open}
    "Guys! It's me Skitz! I'm back!"

The bay heard a voice and turned her head in excitement, only to see the painted stallion once more. Oh right, he was here. It took a moment for the young mare to comprehend his words, her mind a blur of happiness and confusion. He thinks you're stupid, Skitz. "My family! Do you see them anywhere? And this is..." she trailed off, looking around once more and once again drawing in a deep breath, letting the cold sting her lungs. But there was no familiar scent, no other horse had wandered these parts for a long time. Her excitement slowly faded into panic and then sadness as her eyes darted around, finally noting the lack of hoofprints in the powdery snow, the lack of... life.

Carefully and calmly, she lowered herself onto her knees and once again plopped into the snow, for once not looking like she might die from clumsiness. You are stupid Skitz, that's all you'll ever be. Her mind wandered momentarily, flashing back to those last remaining images that she worked so hard to hold onto. "I thought this was home, but there's nobody here is there? They're supposed to be here..." she said quietly, looking at the ground, her nose almost touching the snow. Skitz wasn't stupid, or at least she didn't think she was. As far as the bay was concerned, the only problem she had was keeping her memories in place where they were supposed to be. Keeping them in order was certainly a problem.

But her childhood she remembered clearly, and thought back on it often. That first year of life, prancing around without a worry in the world, exploring the wilderness around her and learning as much as she could. She remembered all the voices, the ones that still followed her everywhere she went.

Suddenly a thought. Skitz looked at the stallion, "I'm sorry this was such an awful adventure, it was supposed to be more fun," she spurted out, just now remembering how she had met him. "We can go on another adventure, but I think it's probably better if you choose the spot. I'm not very good at this."

Stupid stupid mare.

Messages In This Thread
    Slowly Freaking Out {Open} - by Skitz - 01-18-2016, 08:00 PM
    RE: Slowly Freaking Out {Open} - by Clark - 01-20-2016, 01:01 PM
    RE: Slowly Freaking Out {Open} - by Skitz - 01-20-2016, 02:37 PM
    RE: Slowly Freaking Out {Open} - by Clark - 01-20-2016, 03:12 PM
    RE: Slowly Freaking Out {Open} - by Skitz - 01-20-2016, 05:55 PM
    RE: Slowly Freaking Out {Open} - by Clark - 01-21-2016, 01:14 PM
    RE: Slowly Freaking Out {Open} - by Skitz - 01-21-2016, 05:15 PM
    RE: Slowly Freaking Out {Open} - by Clark - 01-22-2016, 04:29 PM
    RE: Slowly Freaking Out {Open} - by Skitz - 01-23-2016, 02:19 PM
    RE: Slowly Freaking Out {Open} - by Clark - 01-26-2016, 06:59 PM