• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

"Thunder is the sound of hoofbeats in heaven..."
    djinni

“Oh!” she says, eyes widening in surprise, “Oh right. Duh. Sorry.” Djinni is so accustomed to others knowing the names of Beqanna’s lands that she’d not bothered to remember that Raxa – who is so new – would probably not be as familiar with them. She is going to explain herself when Raxa asks what else is out in Beqanna, and the chestnut mare seizes her chance to elaborate.

“Well, we’re obviously in the Field,” she says aloud, turning a bit to orient herself with the mountains so that she can be more sure of her directions. “Directly around us is what we call the Common Grounds: the meadow, forest, challenge grounds, and a playground for the foals.” She does her best to point in the proper directions with her red nose. “Due north is the Tudnra, where the bachelor stallion kingdom.” Raxa hadn’t known what a kingdom was, she remembers, and Djinni interrupts her own geography lesson. “A kingdom is like a big herd, I guess. There’s usually an army and some diplomats, and a king or queen, or sometimes both. ”

“Way in the south is the Amazons jungle. It’s an all-female kingdom, and I hear it stays really warm year round. The Desert, where I grew up, is another kingdom. It’s farther southwest. The Chamber is due east of here, way up in those mountains. ” Djinni gestures towards the snow-capped mountains. “There are four other kingdoms – the Gates, the Falls, the Valley, and the Dale. There are also lots of herd lands, and they’re under general rule of the nearest kingdom, but as far as I know kingdoms tend to ignore them for the most part. ”

the road to hell is paved with good intentions
    D J I N N I
    genie | rose gold tobiano dun | trickster

Messages In This Thread
    RE: "Thunder is the sound of hoofbeats in heaven..." - by Djinni - 01-30-2016, 05:06 PM