• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'm looking for the sky to save me; birthing

peel away the layers till you're nothing and no one

She’s out practising in the fog when the smell of birth first floats out across the water. She’s been trying to reach the same level of comfort as her father in the mists, but it’s slow going. It’s so hard for her to detect anything out there in the white. But while she is determined to practice, she immediately heads back for the cove when she detects the scent on the wind. In the cove, family is everything. And it’s important for her to welcome this newest member of the family.

She hurries back, and alights beside the group. She is not surprised to see her father there, but she is surprised by the little bay filly at his side. She is not the newborn that she’s come to meet (the girl has left the smell of birth long behind), and the lack of lavender or purple means that it is likely not a sibling of hers. She just manages to catch a comment from the child that answers her unspoken question. Another child of grandmother’s. And clearly, an unfortunately normal one.

Curiosity satisfied, she turns to look at the mare and new foal. Her lip can’t help but curl when she realizes that it’s her own mother, and newest full sibling. Carys looks just as pathetic as usual, her broken wings hanging limp and lacklustre at her sides. While Kirke understands the necessity of diversifying the bloodline, she can’t help but wish she’d been born to a different mother, another child of Khaos. Rather than this weak, miserable creature.

At least the child - another girl - has inherited some their father’s purple. But there are no special traits that she can see. She’s both relieved and frustrated. She does not want the competition for their father’s affections (there’s already no way that she will ever measure up to Potion), but Khaos’ descendants deserve better than simple purple manes and tails. It’s her mother’s influence thinning the blood.

But at least she’s healthy.

She glances at her father, wondering what he’s named the girl. “Another credit to you father. What have you named her?” At least she assumes her father has been the one to name her this time - she does not think Carys likely to make the same mistake twice.

kirke

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I'm looking for the sky to save me; birthing - by Kirke - 02-08-2016, 05:35 PM
    RE: I'm looking for the sky to save me; birthing - by Apothyx/Halocyn - 02-23-2016, 08:39 PM