• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

breathe through me

I stand for a while in the Field, my heterochromatic eyes staring down the few equines that drew near me. It’s apparently enough to scare them off, ‘cause none of them are dumb enough to actually approach me. Guess one little girl’s too scary for them. That is, until one VERY strange looking dude walks up, apparently undeterred by the large blinking sign over my head flashing “STAY AWAY.” Yeah, I’ll admit it – my body language doesn’t exactly scream inviting, even though I’m sitting here in this godforsaken place presumably because I’m waiting for someone to approach me. I never said I wasn’t a complicated bitch.
    Anyway, this guy – he’s more messed up looking than most of the equines I’ve run into around this place, but out of the ordinary is kind of, well, ordinary in Beqanna, so it’s not nearly enough to scare me off. I do feel a moment of pity for the guy though – I mean, I might have a chip on my shoulder the size of Russia but for all the screwed up shit that’s happened in my life, at least I wasn’t born looking like that. Must have been tough. 
    He keeps a respectful distance away from me – whether because he’s afraid of me biting his head off or because he thinks I’m some gentle damsel in distress who’d be scared of the big bad stallion I can’t tell, but either way it makes me smirk. Not that the first isn’t kind of true – I’m a snap first, ask questions later kind of girl after all. 
    He introduces himself as Elysium of the Valley – I know of it, even though I’ve never been myself. Hard not to at least have a passing knowledge of all the kingdoms when you’ve grown up around these parts. When he asks why I’m here though I snort derisively, my mismatched eyes giving him a disdainful look. Selling Girl Guide cookies, what do you think? I snap, rolling my eyes. Ok, so probably not the best first impression to make if I’m hoping to find a home out of this stupid endeavour, but really – what brings me here? The same stupid shit that brings everyone here, obviously – I’ve got no place else to go. 

Amoxia

Buckskin Friesian/Anglo-Arabian hybrid  mare
    Gunsynd x Soulgasm

Messages In This Thread
    breathe through me - by Amoxia - 03-07-2016, 08:08 PM
    RE: breathe through me - by Elysium - 03-08-2016, 04:52 AM
    RE: breathe through me - by Amoxia - 03-08-2016, 01:36 PM
    RE: breathe through me - by Elysium - 03-08-2016, 06:38 PM
    RE: breathe through me - by Amoxia - 03-08-2016, 06:52 PM
    RE: breathe through me - by Elysium - 03-08-2016, 07:05 PM
    RE: breathe through me - by Amoxia - 03-08-2016, 07:24 PM
    RE: breathe through me - by Elysium - 03-08-2016, 08:22 PM