• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

breathe through me

He starts in on the sales pitch, and I brace myself, expecting the usual spiel, which seems to go in one of two directions – either they blather on about how nice and welcoming a place is, or they pitch that their kingdom is the path to glory and that it’s the best in the whole wide world. The first always bores me – nice doesn’t suit me, and nice people tend to be the boring people. The second usually just makes me roll my eyes, because EVERYONE thinks theirs is the best kingdom, and they rarely have anything to back up their bullshit.
    Elysium however manages to surprise me in just a few words, and the emotion actually manages to break through me mask for a moment before I can catch it and supress it again. A king with a sense of humour and a ragtag band of unusual characters was definitely not in most recruiters’ normal sales pitches, and it’s enough to make my lips quirk upwards ever so slightly. While I have no problem with power and glory, an interesting group of people is a much better draw in my opinion – moth-man seems to have hit on a perfect selling point for me, whether he realizes it or not. 
    I don’t let it show though; I let him finish his speech, and I actually listen. Oh sure, I ignore the bits that my brain automatically categorizes as sales pitch bullshit, but the parts where he’s talking about what his home is actually like appeal to me. I have no problem with work, when I want to, and success, while a stranger to me, does have its appeal. But it’s the picture he paints of the people that make me think that maybe it’s worth the trip down to the Valley to check out this kingdom. I mean, worse comes to worse I can always bail and come back here, or bum around the Meadow like I have my whole life. Best case scenario, I find a few people who don’t bore me to tears like most of the world’s population seems to.
    So I shrug after an appropriate length of silence has passed since he finished speaking, my expression giving little away about my musings. I guess I could check it out, I finally say, knowing that I’d need to relent at least a little on the callous bitch demeanor I’ve been cultivating my entire life. I was sick of living alone with nothing to do. Life like that was too boring, too purposeless. Maybe the Valley would have something that could appeal to me. Didn’t mean I had to let him know it though.

Amoxia

Buckskin Friesian/Anglo-Arabian hybrid  mare
    Gunsynd x Soulgasm

Messages In This Thread
    breathe through me - by Amoxia - 03-07-2016, 08:08 PM
    RE: breathe through me - by Elysium - 03-08-2016, 04:52 AM
    RE: breathe through me - by Amoxia - 03-08-2016, 01:36 PM
    RE: breathe through me - by Elysium - 03-08-2016, 06:38 PM
    RE: breathe through me - by Amoxia - 03-08-2016, 06:52 PM
    RE: breathe through me - by Elysium - 03-08-2016, 07:05 PM
    RE: breathe through me - by Amoxia - 03-08-2016, 07:24 PM
    RE: breathe through me - by Elysium - 03-08-2016, 08:22 PM