• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

taste the fear ( Chamber, Tundra, Dale)
    when my time comes around
    lay me gently in the cold dark earth

The stallion – Noctus – takes Errant up on his offer, and the black horse turns to lead the way only to find yet another stranger. This one is no older than the colt at Talulah’s side but acts with poise befitting an older creature. Errant studies him with curious grey eyes, and though the rain has dampened his sense of smell, can still identify the sharp scent of pin on the boy’s wet coat. The Chamber had an impressive batch of children last spring it would seem, if this boy is any indication.

Noctus asks where they are from, but quickly follows with a tale of his own, and Errant is content to listen quietly as Talulah answers. Her words conjure an image of the Dale, a series of rolling hills tucked between the mountains. Errant shakes his head – clearing the water, of course – and does his best to think no more of the neutral kingdom.

“I’m from the Tundra,” he replies, “It’s to the north. ” He gestures in the general direction of the place with his dark head. Errant has not missed the puzzling look of disgust on the other male’s face at the mention of his sister. He wonders why he is here in the rain, looking for a family member that does not seem to bring him much pleasure. But it is not Errant’s place to ask, and so he does not inquire. He would look for Scorch if she went missing, he’s sure, but he might be a bit slow about it.

The Dalean colt asks about the last whereabouts of Noctus’ missing sibling, and Errant glances at the boy for a moment. He probably wants to help, Errant thinks, a good attribute to have in the family type of kingdom that Talulah has suggested. Errant could help too, probably more efficiently than most other horses, but he does not offer. Partially because he is not inclined to waste, and partially because he is not entirely sure how to interpret the brief disgust on Noctus’ face.

“Are you interested in a home, or in finding your sister?” He asks, turning his attention back to the black stallion. “The Tundra can offer you a home – a brotherhood; I can also help you find your sister.” He offers each thing separately and does not add that he is willing to do both. Errant is mostly interested in what the black stallion will choose, and what that choice will say about his worth as a potential member of the Brotherhood.

e r r a n t

no grave can hold my body down
    i'll crawl home to her

[Image: leaanderrant_zpsqa4goyjv.gif]

Messages In This Thread
    taste the fear ( Chamber, Tundra, Dale) - by Noctus - 04-30-2015, 11:51 PM
    RE: taste the fear ( Chamber, Tundra, Dale) - by Noctus - 05-03-2015, 11:09 AM
    RE: taste the fear ( Chamber, Tundra, Dale) - by Errant - 05-05-2015, 06:28 PM