• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i'm like a time bomb, ticking in your head | hurricane
    In the other man, Hurricane senses a kindred spirit. He has lived for ages, far longer than most of Beqanna. But this man, he had lived a long life as well, had seen and done things long since forgotten in time, lost into the dust of endless existence. Just as Hurricane has. When one is that old, it is so easy to forget.

But, in an odd way, it had taught him the true value of life. He had seen just how ephemeral life could be for some. But they are the ones who make history.

As the massive beast shifts his weight before him, Hurricane remains still, black eyes fixed unerringly upon the darker stallion. Offspring does not flinch beneath the weight of his gaze, instead returning it with an intense stare of his own. At his words however, the other man’s red eyes turn towards the caves visible over the vast, flat expanse of the Tundra. Hurricane’s own gaze follows, catching on the small lump in the distance. He recalls only too well his own experience in the caves.

Needless to say, it had been less than pleasant. Which is saying something, especially when one has lived long enough to see all manner of terrible things. The snarled mass of scars, so recently returned to his flesh, tingles upon his hip, reminding him of the terrible trials required to gain that mark.

His attention is brought back to the present when Offspring continues, asking after the changes Hurricane is speaking of. Turning his gaze back to the other man, Hurricane considers him silently for a long moment. The change to come is a necessary one, a change long in coming. He had simply been waiting to find the right man.

When finally he does respond, gaze turning to contemplate the distant skyline, his voice is low and matter of fact.

”I was never meant to be king. Should never have been, if truth be told. But things were bad then.” Pause. ”They are better now, and so, I must step down. Pass on the burden, as it were.”

Blinking, he fixes hard eyes upon the larger stallion.

”I have been watching you. If you pass the tests the caves present to you, I think you would be a worthy king.”
    There is never a day that goes by
    that is a good day to die.
    Hurricane

That's not creepy and stalkerish at all :|

Messages In This Thread
    i'm like a time bomb, ticking in your head | hurricane - by Offspring - 03-11-2016, 07:14 PM
    RE: i'm like a time bomb, ticking in your head | hurricane - by Hurricane - 03-14-2016, 05:12 PM