• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

ALL HORSES IN THE FALLS - mandatory kingdom meeting

Kreios

wildcat of the falls

The faces that assembled first are those that I expected to see – Ygritte, Ashara, and Blazed. Jedi is likely out patrolling, but I trust that the overo stallion will arrive shortly. Archam’s presence is a pleasant surprise, but I cannot help but notice that the mares he has been gathering here have not come. While I’ve no intention of requesting loyalty from any of them simply because they live here, I do at least expect them to come when called – they live here under Archam’s protection, yes, but under the kingdom’s protection as well.

“Thank you all for coming,” I say, meeting each face with a friendly smile and a nod of my head as they approach. When Ygritte arrives I nudge gently at her neck with my muzzle, returning the easy affection before turning my attention back to the task at hand. “It’s been a while since we’ve had a kingdom meeting, and most of you weren’t around the last time we did.” it was just Ygritte and I, back then, and occasionally Nairne.

“We’ve a few things to discuss. First is stealing. With our rising numbers, we’ve started to attract the attention of other kingdoms. Every pair of eye is needed to watch for steals.” Though I look at them all, I pause especially long at Archam – he knows his mares best, and I do expect him to help keep an eye on them.  “Secondly, if you’ve not yet made it clear to Ygritte and I which caste you’d like to join, please do so now or after the meeting.” I want to promote them, to help them rise through the ranks of the kingdom, but I’m unable to do so if they do not choose a focus.

“Thirdly, we’d like to start negotiations with the other kingdoms. The war is over, and now is the time to begin seek out political alliances. Do any of you have any thoughts on this?” They might have served other kingdoms, or be wary of them, and the advantage of having so many kingdom members is that Ygritte and I will benefit from their opinions.

i’m screaming the name of a foreigner’s god

image by connor obrien

@[Sorea]
    @[Shaya]
    @[Nadeli]
    @[Lightningflame]
    @[TEALi]
    @[Lillex]
    @[Jedi]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: ALL HORSES IN THE FALLS - mandatory kingdom meeting - by Kreios - 04-02-2016, 07:23 AM