• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

don't be a casualty, cut the cord | ALL ARMY

lupei

What the truth is, I can't say anymore

As far as he’s concerned, they’re all on the same playing field. Lupei has never answered to a mare before, and he certainly won’t do it now. The only reason he remotely responds to that high-pitched annoyance is that he’s genuinely curious to see the creature that’s put his sister into such a dizzy spiral of anger. He’d never seen Dacia bitch so vehemently about another animate object the way he’s seen her bitch about Kimber. And that was putting it lightly. The siblings had tangled in the field, Dacia on her way out while Lupei had been making his way in. She’s been a maroon color, flashing every now and then with dazzling displays of black and orange on her hide while she’d relayed the entire five minutes of their interaction.

So Kimber thought he was an idiot? Well she could get in line with the rest of those Jungle witches. It hadn’t bothered him at the time and it bothered him less now. The opinions of women were less than a passing breeze to him, in one ear and out the other. He’d done his best to brush off his sister’s negative energy, softening her anger with the news of his sons. She’d been shocked, and it had derailed her from her rage train, so the two had talked about their dam for a few moments before splitting once more. He’d barely made it past the outer reaches of his home Kingdom before she’d sent up the invitation, so he’d sprang forward into a rhythmic canter in order to see his chamber equals.

Competition? There was none. Kimber could fall below or above him, neither mattered to the two-toned brute. His service was to the Chamber and to Killdare alone. If his King commanded him to listen to her, then so be it. But that command hasn’t come. He’s not Dacia though - he won’t let some puffed-up peacock ruffle his own feathers. If Kimber wanted to pretend she was in charge, fine, less worry on his shoulders. Lupei had plenty on his plate right now as it was. Turns out, the need for rushing was unnecessary. He’s first to show face, and so the bald oddity chuckles as he slides past the trees to slow to a halt directly in front of her. “Lupei, present and accounted for.” He adds, cheekily.

She mentions the war, and this is where his bright mood fades. Ah … of course. It’s not that the battle was a touchy subject, per se, it was more that he felt he’d have a hard time explaining it to those who weren’t with him the moment he’d acted so outrageously insane. Unfortunately, there hadn’t been another soul present, save for the raven that had been lit with his type of flame. It had been a clear and direct command, one he’d been all too eager to fulfill at the time. “Well, to be honest, I’ve not seen hide nor hair of anyone else in the army since my own Dam passed away. Killdare and Warship are the only others I’ve been familiar with.” He contemplates, the notion of both his dam and Warship striking a note somewhere deep within him that does not cross over his face.

“As far as strengths, I’m a shifter. Wolf. My other talent is white fire manipulation, if you haven’t heard.” He ends, chuckling gently before casting a soft glance in Kimber’s direction.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: don't be a casualty, cut the cord | ALL ARMY - by Lupei - 04-06-2016, 11:34 PM