• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

of all the gin joints in the world - pompey

when the words lay heavy on my heart
    i am lost, led only by the stars

What I wouldn’t give to be able to hug you right now, her mother says, and Kerowyn knows it isn’t directed towards her, but towards the distinctly female voice that is coming from the stallion. It’s all a mystery, a terrifying mystery and all the little bay mare wants to do is run far far away. Alas, her body is frozen, and even if she was able to move, where would she run to? Where is safe? To the frozen wasteland of the Tundra, where her father might still be living, or to the barren Desert of her mother, which holds such tainted memories?

So perhaps it’s best to stay here. But why did her mother say goodbye? And why was her voice so much more on the outside than the inside? As far as Kerowyn knows, no one else has ever been able to hear her mother.

I wish it didn’t have to be this way, dear… but her mother sighs, sounding resolved. At least there will children. Part of us, together again. And at that, she sounds pleased, though Kerowyn hasn’t the foggiest idea who this other voice is, and why she is so important to her mother. It can’t be Seraph, and it isn’t her father, so who?; the life before Morphine returned to the Desert is a mystery, and though Kerowyn knows her mother was so very old when she died, she knows little else.

Goodbye. I love you - to whom her mother says this, isn’t entirely clear, but just as soon as she’s finished, the light that was Morphine swoops into the stallion and if it is possible to glow any more, he does so. He is ablaze now, like the sun, and Kerowyn must step back and avert her eyes. There is a blast of light that sends her stumbling and reeling, and temporarily blind. And then there is silence - and when Kerowyn opens her pretty blue eyes, the stallion is no more.

And her head is all too quiet - frighteningly so.

kerowyn

brennen x morphine

i'm going to get the birthing post up next tonight. SO sorry this took so long!
    @[Dianna]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: of all the gin joints in the world - pompey - by Kerowyn - 04-07-2016, 04:32 PM