• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

In this heart, this barless prison [Kimber, Ygritte/Kreios]

Kreios

wildcat of the falls

I see thme long before they come to the edge of the kingdom – the summit of the Falls is an excellent vantage point. The two of them are headed down a trail that leads to the center of the kingdom, and I leave the heights in time to meet them at the edge of the land, appearing from the forest only a few heartbeats after the bay stallion calls out. From a distance I’d not been able to identify them, but this close the smell of the Chamber (familiar now, thanks to Dacia) is quite apparent.

Given what the dun mare had said of the Chamber – and their recent involvement in the war, my approach is less warm than it might have been. Though I offer the pair of strangers a smile in greeting, it is not the friendly smile with which I usually welcome those at the edge of our kingdom. “Hello,” I say when we are near enough to converse, dipping my pale head in greeting. “I’m Kreios. What can I help you two with today?”

Though I know that Ygritte had also heard the call of the stallion, I’d had the advantage of seeing them first. She’ll arrive, I know, but perhaps not right away. I wait for the pair to reply, taking a moment to notice the bright wings that adorn the mare and the lack of visible traits on the stallion. That means nothing, I know; he might still have unseen gifts. Or perhaps he might be perfectly normal, as fewer and fewer horses are these days.

I am curious what brings them here. Are they here on diplomatic reasons? Trying to determine where their kingdom stands now that the war is over? Perhaps they are here to take Dacia back; they’ll have a struggle if she is unwilling. I’m not sure what else might bring to members of the Chamber of Evil to the doorstep of the Falls, as neither of them seem injured enough to seek the magical waters.

i’m screaming the name of a foreigner’s god

image by connor obrien

Messages In This Thread
    RE: In this heart, this barless prison [Kimber, Ygritte/Kreios] - by Kreios - 04-10-2016, 03:49 PM