• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

the lord will smite thee with madness; daeryssa

Just stay away from the white light. I'd say your worst side's your best side.
    Cold, dead lips brush against my skin, an icy touch that leeches away a little warmth even in just a moment of contact. A delicious little shiver races down my spine in the wake of her brief caress, just a little bit wrong, a little bit wicked in its newness. Every body I've pressed against or arched into or writhed beneath has been warm, and the contrast is intriguing. As long as I don't look too hard at those too-bright, too-dead eyes, it could be fun to play with a snowstorm instead of lightning.

I like the sound of my name on those icy lips, and when I touch her again it's with a hint of fascination just starting to brew. The chill of her flesh seeps into me, siphoning off a little bit of my body heat as I explore the line of her jaw, the flat plane of her cheek. “Well you see,” I murmur, my mouth tracing the edge of her ear, “I'm beginning to like monsters.” Everyone else has been too gentle, too sweet, too soft. Monsters make the best playmates; they're not afraid to use their teeth, to draw blood, to make it hurt in all the right ways. “They're so much better at making me scream.”

Only one has been dark enough to get my heart pounding, rough enough to make me completely come undone and leave me melted into a pool of sunlight, basking in the aftermath, too exhausted even to stand as he walked away. Only one has had what it took to wake lightning in my veins; only one has lingered on my skin for days, weeks, as the marks we left behind healed. But he can't be the only one capable of it. Maybe I just have to find the right kind of monster. “Why, are you one of them?”
    Just when you think that you're alright, I'm crawling out from the inside.
    Daeryssa
    of the restless heart

Messages In This Thread
    RE: the lord will smite thee with madness; daeryssa - by Daeryssa - 04-30-2016, 08:10 PM