• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

just stay away from the white light; birthing, go away

Just stay away from the white light. I'd say your worst side's your best side.
    Thank the gods for Pazuzu. I have no idea how I'm going to get that little monkey child down from the wobbly-ass tree. I immediately regret not redirecting him to something else. Anything else. Hey, kid, want to go dig in a badger hole? Probably safer than this goddamn tree, but noooo. I had to play it cool, and now here we are, tiny beast technically in reach but not exactly in a position where I can grab on and catch him if he starts to fall. Fuck, like that! I stretch out as far as I can, touching my nose to his flank to give him a little support, and he steadies.

Breathe, Ryss. Breathe. Heart attacks can wait until he's safe.

And hell if the little demon isn't eying the ground like he's thinking about trying a jump just to see what will happen. I'm about to suggest he try backing down toward me instead, hoping against all reason that he'll listen instead of launching himself at the ground, when Pazuzu steps in to save the day. As a great big ape, no less, something with lovely hands to climb trees and pick up wayward wannabe monkeys and magic them safely to the ground. God, I could kiss him for that.

Can, even, and the perfect opportunity presents itself. He invites me over to join the two of them on a new and exciting lesson, one where he blows this godforsaken log to smithereens before our little monster can clamber up it again and get himself hurt. At his request, I saunter over to the two of them, angling between to trail my lips along Pazuzu's shoulder, rubbing up against him as I touch the soft of my nose to our little demon's back.

A quick little bump of his nose to my shoulder and he's off, eager for more of Pazuzu's extremely effective brand of instruction. However. Explosions are dangerous, and Pazuzu already said it'd be easier to protect us if we're close by. So I give the kid a look, telling myself it's not one I picked up from my mother, and he falls in next to his dad. Atta boy, kid. I was really not expecting that to work. But he seems content, giving Pazuzu's shoulder a little cuddle even. I hear that, beastie. I'm all for cuddling him too, wrapped around him and tracing aimless patterns on his skin. Not at all distracting. Sorry, teacher, explode away.
    Just when you think that you're alright, I'm crawling out from the inside.
    Daeryssa
    of the restless heart

Messages In This Thread
    RE: just stay away from the white light; birthing, go away - by Daeryssa - 05-18-2016, 09:06 PM