• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Covet;
    And in the darkened underpass I thought,
    "Oh Satan, my chance has come at last!"
    The heat of his skin washes over her. Every moment savored and welcomed. For the past few months Myrina has missed this - missed their time together - but she never says this. She feels weak, vulnerable, when she lets her emotions soak deep inside. Mother raised her to be a fierce Amazon that never needs the compassion of a man, but Myrina has failed the fallen Queen. She has always yearned for adoration; the need to be wanted fuels her no matter how much she tries to exude independence and confidence. Perhaps that's one reason she continues to stray away from her beloved Jungle.

Because of this.
    Because of him.

Nayl silently observes the pair from a nearby patch of grass. Her autumn eyes gleam with curiosity though her expression is stoic and calculating.

Covet is pressed against her and Myrina melts into him. "Hello, stranger," she purrs into the curve of his neck as a smile plays across her soft lips. She can feel his orange eyes rake across her but then they stray to the child quietly watching them. Myrina's head turns slowly when he begins to ask. She nods. "Our daughter," she finishes with a voice of silk. Her own gaze follows Covet's to Nayl. "Nayl, your father, Covet."

The child doesn't run to him and embrace him like so many foals would. At first, she just watches him and meets his orange eyes with her autumn - oranges and golds mingled together - before finally stepping toward him. "Hello," she finally says offhandedly before adding, "Someone followed you here. Who is she?" Nayl looks toward the trees and shrubs as another small breeze collects the foreign scent. She peers up at her father questioningly with a single raised brow.

But then a strange fear gripped me and I just couldn't ask.

Messages In This Thread
    Covet; - by Myrina - 05-11-2015, 03:21 PM
    RE: Covet; - by Covet - 05-14-2015, 03:18 PM
    RE: Covet; - by Myrina - 05-15-2015, 09:26 AM
    RE: Covet; - by Covet - 05-19-2015, 12:17 PM
    RE: Covet; - by Myrina - 05-25-2015, 09:16 AM
    RE: Covet; - by Covet - 05-28-2015, 02:42 PM
    RE: Covet; - by Myrina - 06-05-2015, 04:42 PM
    RE: Covet; - by Covet - 06-08-2015, 03:32 PM
    RE: Covet; - by Myrina - 06-11-2015, 08:25 PM
    RE: Covet; - by Covet - 06-17-2015, 08:53 PM