• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Don't [mess] with Texas
    It sounded like somebody else that was talkin'asking "Momma what do I do?"....

The shadow hued mare gave a small, but noticeable start, the baritone noises taking their time to sink in. As the words filtered through her auds she became filled with surprise trying to make sense of the matter. Her body becoming tense with shock, and confusion. I ought to clean my ears out ,she thought to herself,thinking she had taken a kick to the head previously. The whites of her eyes made a quick appearance as she momentarily lost track of herself,and her manners. Not once could she recall having a stallion admit that he was wrong, let alone acknowledge the fact with an outright apology. Afterall, her momma always said if his lips is movin', he's a lyin'. Wichita had not expected to come across a mannered man, actually she hadn't expected much from anyone to put it plainly. How absurd was it that the first encounter away from home, had brought her face to face with a civilized stag.

She said just be nice to the gentlemen,and they'll be nice to you......

Fumbling over her tongue, she collected enough of herself to say in a humored tone. "Well butter my butt,and call me a biscuit. I can't believe the words I am hearin'!" Her syrup colored specs, might even had gained a spark of amusement in them. She had always been a good natured albeit stubborn at times filly, and she always could respond in kind to genuineness. "Now I feel like 10 miles of bad road, but ain't no mistakin' when your momma raises ya right. Name is Wichita, and I ain't never been farther than a gnats hair away from my own sandbox. Well until now." Her eyes cast down on the last bit, a sadness in her words that she did her best to cover. "Preciate the kindness stranger, hafta say, ain't a whole lot of apologies crossed my path before. So this is your place then? Shore is nice."    It was unusual to be included in a conversation, and she felt she had a bit more to say than she would have thought. A twinge of embarrassment  as she returned her gaze where she knew and was taught it should be, the ground.  

Messages In This Thread
    Don't [mess] with Texas - by Wichita - 05-13-2015, 07:01 PM
    RE: Don't [mess] with Texas - by Jason - 05-14-2015, 07:42 AM
    Don't [mess] with Texas - by Wichita - 05-14-2015, 03:26 PM
    RE: Don't [mess] with Texas - by Jason - 05-14-2015, 09:00 PM
    RE: Don't [mess] with Texas - by Wichita - 05-15-2015, 09:45 PM
    RE: Don't [mess] with Texas - by Jason - 05-18-2015, 09:50 AM
    RE: Don't [mess] with Texas - by Wichita - 05-18-2015, 12:40 PM
    RE: Don't [mess] with Texas - by Wichita - 05-20-2015, 07:39 AM
    RE: Don't [mess] with Texas - by Jason - 05-20-2015, 10:48 AM
    RE: Don't [mess] with Texas - by Wichita - 05-22-2015, 03:16 PM
    RE: Don't [mess] with Texas - by Jason - 05-26-2015, 09:19 AM