• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i'm volatile and afraid to cry | birthing - gendry/any
    let me tell you something baby,
    you love me for everything you hate me for
    The past few days have been a blur, she grew weaker by the minute and had been laboring for what seemed like an eternity. As night fell on the far side of the mountain, the dip-dye mare found herself pushing forward to it's coveted shadows as her wings lifted her to a plateau, a perch if you would so she could see any approaching danger. Her wings fold in effortlessly as her knees drop and she stretches out, an exasperated sigh making it's way from her black maw. She had sworn that she wouldn't touch a man again but she knows that all of this was not completely her doing; Gendry was skilled at a few things and planting seeds (no pun intended) was only the start of it. She tries to quiet her mind, telling herself to relax and to fret not of what others will think and eventually it works. Her breathing becomes less labored and more rhythmic, spare the contractions where her belly grows rock solid. She carries on for hours like this, lulls full of nothing and boughts of pressure and pain - her forelock is drenched with sweat, her wings stretched out to attempt to cool her body as she slowly starts to push. She thinks back now to the twins and remembers it to be less painful than now but it does her no good to compare. She tires easily and stops for a few minutes before proceeding, she is all alone, on a mountain where relatively no one can reach her. "What a great idea, you idiot." she brokenly murmurs to herself as she begins to push again, the tugging makes her feel squeamish but she pushes forward as she does with all other things.

Hours pass, she fades in and out of conscious more than she'd like to admit but she can see the sunrise on the horizon - it would be daylight soon and someone would notice her absence....more importantly some family of wolves of other creatures would likely find them. She knows better than to call out a name, whose would she call? Gendry? Nymph? Killdare? She hears the howls of a pack nearby and it sends her into distress - her eyes grow wild with fear, while her heartbeat quickens and courses through her body. Her head drops below her withers by her hooves as she grunts, straining to push as hard and efficiently as she can. you are so weak. she thinks to herself and shakes her head with disappointment. She tells herself one more push and she will be done, the child will be here.

The black begins stretching from the corners inward; a gush of blood, a rush of warmth, a thud and then darkness.

There was a thick film over his eyes, but he takes breaths anyway - the mucus flooding backing his nostrils and out as he stirs about breaking loose from it. He doesn't stand, he doesn't open his eyes but he can sense her; feel her - the navy and rust boy simply speaks, "Mama?"

So Kimber got 'extremely weak after giving birth' in my stats so I played on that. Help the baby Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
    i'm volatile and afraid to cry | birthing - gendry/any - by Kimber - 07-03-2016, 11:11 PM