• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I had a dream that we were dead {Estela}

I had a dream that we were dead
    and we pretended that we still lived

Relief floods him at her acquiescence, the release of a tension he had not even realized he was holding. He would never stop her from going, would never stop her from being true to herself, but her disappearance had affected him far more than he cares to admit.

He had felt lost, alone. It is a way he never wishes to feel again.

His smile then is true, brightly genuine in a way that fills space with warmth and light. Though, in truth, the light is more than a metaphor in that moment. His ragged skin glows briefly, the happiness her words inspire causing his gift (his odd ability, the one so contradictory to his ghastly appearance) to bubble to the surface.

He leans into the soft kiss, savoring her touch, her promise.

Her next question brings him abruptly back to reality, not because of the sharpness of the jealousy flavoring the words, but because of the memories it brings to the fore. It causes him to hesitate a moment (perhaps a moment too long). ”Yes.”

Violence. He doesn't say her name aloud, as though it might call her from the shadows.

Fortunately Estela provides the perfect distraction with her question of the Dale. He nods, recalling how empty it had felt last time. ”Mother and Father are gone. Ramiel is there, but much too busy with his new family to take much notice of anything else.”

Jinn

undead son of Tiphon and Elysteria

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I had a dream that we were dead {Estela} - by Jinn - 08-06-2016, 11:45 AM