• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

lost among the wolves; velis

The bats have left the bell tower

The victims have been bled

How much time has passed?

I can not look away from the large mass of equine. He is tall, oh so tall. I can hear the whistle of his breath, almost strangled in his throat. And still I stand and watch. I can feel my own hart beat become shallow and narrowed as my own breath follows suit. It is the moon's loving glow that exposes me, bathing me in the silver shroud of her caress.

All at once I am frozen by his gaze. What had I been doing? Where had I gone when those dark eyes fell upon he? His eyes, his face, his form blots out the death walkers that trail around he and I. The lost souls of rot and of the unfinished that lurk along the edges of my eyes and the tender part of my throat. They seem to fear this man. Headless bodies, jaw-less faces, throat-less necks. They all move to make way from this beast and for that I am grateful.

Hardly a moment passes and he closes the space between us in a matter of a few paces. I feel myself suck in air as though he were to steal it away but I do not move. He is so much larger than my lithe form. I am dwarfed by his chest, his head but I do not fear this man...no, instead I answer- "No, never again." I feel my jaw move on it's own, the words coming forward with breathy anguish as I can not (do not) want to leave his gaze. The mercury of my own pools peering upward to the reflection of my own face beneath the tangle of black hair.

I do not know what I have agreed to but what I do know is that he drove them away. I can see the malice twisting the death masks demonically. They hate that I have been protected. I no longer belong to them and their world. This man, this walking death drove them off. They shriek and quake before him.

I will be whatever he wants if only to stay by his side, to remain protected from the ugly whispers of their swollen mouths with rotten teeth. Tentatively...I raise my head towards him, trembling against the silk of the night air.

graveside

Messages In This Thread
    lost among the wolves; velis - by Graveside - 08-06-2016, 02:45 PM
    RE: lost among the wolves; velis - by velis - 08-07-2016, 10:19 AM
    RE: lost among the wolves; velis - by Graveside - 08-07-2016, 08:52 PM
    RE: lost among the wolves; velis - by velis - 08-08-2016, 09:41 PM
    RE: lost among the wolves; velis - by Graveside - 08-09-2016, 07:47 PM
    RE: lost among the wolves; velis - by velis - 08-10-2016, 09:46 PM
    RE: lost among the wolves; velis - by Graveside - 08-14-2016, 10:00 AM
    RE: lost among the wolves; velis - by velis - 08-21-2016, 07:14 PM
    RE: lost among the wolves; velis - by Graveside - 08-21-2016, 08:42 PM
    RE: lost among the wolves; velis - by velis - 08-22-2016, 09:53 PM