• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open] Like a kid
    ROMEK
    She looked embarrassed at being caught like this, and Romek tilts his head and watches her with a still quality that said nothing at all. In truth, he wishes that he could offer some kind of comfort to her, to persuade her that she hadn’t done anything wrong, but it has never been in his nature. Her long stare was easily met by his calm, yellow eyes. He had little care for what is considered polite.

”Not at all,” he says. ”You should worry less.” And this is his version of kind, reassuring words.

Another stallion comes along, looking a little strange without that familiar horn of his. But as much as it changed his face, it was Andras alright. He was glad to see the boy unhurt, looking safe enough, and not too badly affected by the loss of his watery home. Of course, they’re all lost, wandering around aimlessly trying to pick up everybody that means something to them.

”’I’m pleased to see you have all your limbs, Andras.” the spotted stallion says with a slight smile. And, although by now he has been looking for days, he still feels guilty for engaging in conversation when his wife is out there somewhere, all on her own.

”I am also alright.” he says. ”Despite losing a home, again, to the whims of the fucking Gods, losing my wife, and all of my abilities – I am perfectly alright, thanks.”
    At least his children were safe.

”I’m Romek, in case you couldn’t tell.” he says, addressing the mare now. ”What’s your name?”

fuck all your dreams, they’re not all they seem

Messages In This Thread
    [open] Like a kid - by Usual Story - 09-03-2016, 06:12 PM
    RE: [open] Like a kid - by Romek - 09-03-2016, 06:30 PM
    RE: [open] Like a kid - by Andras - 09-03-2016, 06:37 PM
    RE: [open] Like a kid - by Usual Story - 09-04-2016, 09:10 AM
    RE: [open] Like a kid - by Romek - 09-04-2016, 04:30 PM
    RE: [open] Like a kid - by Andras - 09-05-2016, 08:52 AM
    RE: [open] Like a kid - by Usual Story - 09-05-2016, 11:13 AM
    RE: [open] Like a kid - by Romek - 09-05-2016, 11:36 AM
    RE: [open] Like a kid - by Andras - 09-05-2016, 12:47 PM
    RE: [open] Like a kid - by Romek - 09-07-2016, 11:28 AM